chapter 23

no ones pov:

alec was getting impacient, and he could hear the sounds of a baby crying faitly upstairs.

deciding he had had enough of waiting for his girlfriend and sister to return he went looking for them.

listening to the sound of a baby crying, he follows the sound to a door.

knocking quietly on the door he is suprised when a different woemn answers t.

"shhh there are babys sleeping in there." the women speaks pulling the door to looking at alec confused.

"I'm looking for gracie and Clary." alec whispers looking at the women who just frowns at him.

"Who?" the weomn questions confused.

"I came here with them. You met them. Where are they?" alec speaks looking at the women seriously

the women sighs looking up at alec and nods walking away making alec follow the lady across the hall to a room.

he pushes open the door and his eyes widen.

"clary!" he gasp running towards the red haired girl laying on the floor.

"alec" clary groans as alec comes to kneel down next to her.

"clary wheres gracie?" alec questions helping clary to sit up slightly. as the other woemn watches.

" she took her" clary grunts looking at alec with wide eyes.

the pair of shadowhunters interroget the women,. forcing her to sit down on a chair infrojnt of them.

both shadowhunters stood infront of the chair with their arms crossed and incredible angry looks on their faces.

"Talk to me."alec says looking down at the woemn angrily.

" I don't wanna get Iris in trouble." the lady says shaking her head looking at clary who is fully recovered.

"Nobody's gonna get in trouble. I promise." clary says shaking her head looking towarsd teh woemn.

"Was that your baby?" alec questions making the weomn smile.

" One of them, I think." the woemn speaks making alec frown." She takes our memories. I just remember little bits at a time. " the woemn explains to the shadowhunter duo.

"Wait, there's... There's more of you? "clary questions looking at the women with a frown on her face.

"The women come and go. The babies are placed in homes where they're cared for. Nurtured."the weomn explaisn to them with a small smile on her face.

" Please, try to remember. Where did she take gracie?" alec questions looking towards the woemn still with a seriously look on his face.

gracies pov:

slowly opening my eyes, i feel myself laying on a stone cold floor.

"clary? alec?" i mutter slowly pshing myself to sit up looking around.

a dark dim lit room....great.

huffing i push myself to my feet before looking at the door.

walking over shoving my full body weight against it i try and push open the door.

but nothing happens.

grunitng pulling against the handle on the door i scream.

"alec!" i scream loudly banging on the door."clary!" i scream again pushing all my weight aginst this solid heavy metal door.