chapter 44

walking in threw the front doors of the institute with clary i hold my head down low.

i was nervous...

i had no idea what was going to happen.

teriffed...

but clarys hand in mine made things sligthly better,

the thirst i could feel, as i breathed in the scent coming from her blood was horrible.

she sment....drinkable.....like if i fed on her, i would never need to feed again..

i shook my head, getting rid of the thoughts.

leaving magnus to go along with jaces plan was horrible.

but i could barely look at him right now knowing that things arent ever going to be the same.

the moment we walk threw the doors we are instantly grabbed making me grunt figthing off the two people how have a hold on me.

"tell valentine were here."clary speaks struggiling the other peoples hands.

the sound of footprints walking around the corner make me and clary stop moving and watch as valentine walks around the corner a smug look on his face.

"Hello, my dears." he says smiling walking tp stand infront of us.

" Where's Simon before we do anything we need to know hes alive.?"clary aks glaring at valentine,

" and where alec? i not going shit for you without him"i question looking at him.

jace had told me alec was still here somewhere.

i needed to find him.

"i have no idea where boyfriend number one is gracelynn." valentine says waving his hand dissmissing my point making me frown."But I'm afraid you may have waited too long for simon."valentine speaks shaking his head.

"Where is he?"clary grunts tugging on her arms as they hold them back.

 valentine lead us to aldertrees office where  simon was sat on a chair.

i instantly stripped off the hoodie i had put on before we left magnus and gave it to clary.

 who pushes the fabic agaianst the boys neck to slow down the beelding.

"Simon, hold on, okay? Stay with me, Simon."clary gasps putting presser on the wound .

as she does i step back watching.

she continues to cry holding onto him.

" clary he needs to drink." i say looking at her with sad eyes,

 making her stare at me before she digs her steele out of her pocket. slicing into her wrist shoving it towards simons mouth,

" Come on, come on, Simon. Simon, drink." she mutters teara rolling down her face as she holds her bleeding wrist to his mouth,

 i trun around holding my hand over my mouth as i try to block out the scent of her blood.

"Come on. It's okay, feed." she whispersto him i can hear the sound of her blood polling out of her wrist,

"eveything alright gracelynn?" valentine questions leabong against the wall by the door staring at me.

"just fine/" i mutter quietly stepping as far away from clary and simon as i cam.

"Careful, Clarissa."valentine mutters watching as simon latches onto her wrist and begins to drink.

she gaps as he starts taking large mouth fulls making valentine push off the wall and walk towards them.

" He's drinking too much." valentine speaks looking at simon who is latched onto my sisters arm"Stop him! Stop him!"valentine shouts loudly looking at the other mwen in the room who wrush over andpull simon away from clary.

i turning back round i watch with wide eyes as clarys head falls slightly.

suddenly her whole body shakes and she quickly fades into jace.

"jace?!" i question confused looking at him.

what the fuck?

"Shape-shifting, huh? Well, that's original."valentine speaks smirking looking towards jace before looking at me." and you didnt know?" he questions looking me with his eyrbows rasied." seems your little friends dont trust you anymore" he speaks smirking making me glance at jace confused/

" I learned from the best."jace weakily replies making me stare at him as he stands up looking at valentine.

 why didnt i know he wasnt clary?

why didnt they tell me the plan? the real plan?

"No, you didn't. I would never willingly let a vampire taste my blood."valentine speaks shaking his head looking at jace." Do you have any idea what you've done?he questions angrily making me watch with a frown.

"I saved a life."jace speaks seriously making simon look up slightly.

"A monster's life. And for what? He's just gonna die with the rest of the Downworld, anyway."valentine speaks stepping towards simon making my eyes widen.

suddnelt simon stands up vamp speeding into valentine making him fall over onto the floor. 

jace looks at me with wide eyes before rushing forwrads snatching valentines sowrd from his unciouss body.

 he begins to fight off the two men as simon gets up coming to my side.

"your okay" he speaks wrapping his arms around me making me instantly pull back.

" do i look okay?!2" i question angirly looking at him, my eyes flashing the bright yellow colour.

the sound of fighting stops making me and simon watch as jace shoves his sword threw a circle members chest.

he looks at me us before ruhsing over grabbing a sword from the guy and throws it at simon.

" here, we have to destory the sword" jace speaks seriously making me look at him.

"i cant do this" i say shaking my head looking at him.

"ye you can gracie, come on" jace speaks making me shake my head with tears in my eyes.

" i cant jace, it too much." i speak the tears roll down my cheeks.

he looks at simon making him walk over to the door and guard it as jace comes to stand infront of me.

"i didnt ask for any of this" i say sobbing slightly.

"what about alec and magnus, you wanna help them right?" jace speaks seriously making me nod my head." then we've gotta do this. ive gotta do this" he speaks, his tone copping making me shake my head before hugging him." come on" he whispers huging me back before we pull away.

 he reaches down onto the floor grabbing a sword from a dead body making me glance at it before taking it from his hands.

" nice moves back there"jace speaks as he looks aat simon.

" ive been practicing" simon says laughing as we rush down the coodiroor.