chapter 53

standing off in a side cooridoor, leaning agaisnt the wall as alec calls magnus.

"hes not going to pick up-" i say annoyd rolling my eyes getting cut off by the sound of magnus picking up the phone.

" hey alec"he's voice speaks making my eyes widen.

" unbelievable." i scoff. pushing myself off the wall snatching the phone from alec's hands." do you know how worried ive been, alec better than me now? do you love him more? because if thats the case magnus im coming over and im going to kick your ass." i say quickly into the phone instantly regretting it, thinking im about to get scolded or something.

" ummm....no....i ummm...i love you both equally gracie." he replies back slowly making me frown lookinga t the phone before looking up at alec shurgging my shoulders.

" so why didnt you anwer me? you promised." i say my voice dropping slightly,." you know ith everything going on with me... im ready to talk about it magnus." i say seriously.

alec nods his head smiling slightly looking at me before he steps towards me wrapping his arm around my wiast,

"yes, yes. umm...i was alseep...recharging after the fight with azazael." magnus replies back making frown confused looking at alec.

"yeah about that magnus..." alec speaks taking the phone from me."I know you had a rough night, but, um... we need your help tracking Azazel." alec speaks rubbing my wiast with this thumb.

" I wish I could help, but I'm busy with a client."magnus speaks his tone of voice strange making me and alec frown even more confused.

" Are you OK?" alec questions confused.

"magnus You sound strange."i say frowning looking at the phoen in alecs hand.

"I had a rough night" he speaks seriously making me sigh nodding back.

he did...i should undertand that...he cant always be there for me. i need to be there for him.... 

"Look, I need to get back to my client. If you need a warlock, call Dorothea." he speaks before suddnely hanging up the phone making my eyes widen,

" he didnt say i love you bye..." i whisper looking down confused.

" come on" alec speaks grabbing my hand with a frown on his face tugging me towards the door.

"do you think he's okay?" i question frownung as we arrive outside his front door.

" im not too sure yet."alec replies back shurgging before he bangs on the front door.

"Magnus, you there?" alec shouts loudly.

"magnus its us, open up." i shout also tapping on the door.

footsteps come walking towards the door before its unlocked and opens slowly.

"you never lock your door for us? whats that about?" i questions frowning walking into his place frowing looking around confused.

"Hello."magnus speaks looking between me and alec frowning slightly.

" What's going on?"alec questions looking at him cofnised a i come to stand next to a,lec frowning at magnus's strange expression.

" Nothing. Why?"magnus replies back quickly shaking his head looking at us.

" Well, it's just... you were acting strange on the phone just now."alec speaks nodding his head looking at magnus,

" I told you both I'm busy" magnus speaks looking around making me watch him frowning.

"Right. It's just, uh... You've never refused to help us when we need it, and we just..."alec speaks confused, his tone vunerable slightly making me nod seeing how magnus isnt being nirmal right now.

" you didnt say i love you.  you always say i love you.". i speak my voice cracking slightly as i look at him confused."Magnus. What's wrong?" i question steppingtowards him seeing the frozen confusedlook on his face

"Hey... talk to us."alec speaks softly stepping towarsd magnus too.

suddenly a rush of air goes threw the room before a shadow appears in the corner of my eye, i turn and instantly see azazael stood there making my eyes widen.

"Did I not tell you to get rid of them?" the demon grolws looking at magnus making me and alec look at the demon with a glare on our faces.

suddenly he waves and magnus flys out of the way. suddenly alec pushes me aside and pulls bhis bow ou from his back and readys and arrown.

"alec dont!" magnus shouts laying on  the floor.

" i got this!" alec replies back. he gets flung backwards and mid air shoots the arrow making it land in the demons mid chest area slightly.

i atch with wide eyes as alec lands on the floor grunting, and the demon stumbles slighlty but he looks downa t the arrow in his chest and his eyes widen.

 he screans out loudly, his face flickering and changing slightly before he suddenly goes up in pflames and disinagreats infront of us. 

all thats letft of him is some dust on the floor.

" no, no, no,no,no,no,no" magnus speaks quickly scramibiling up from the floor and rushing over to the floor, pikcing uo the remans of the demon.

i frown looking at him confused and look back at alec seeing him stood up and waling to stand next to me.

" magnus are you okay?" i question putting my ahdn on his shoulder making him instantly look at it before taking a deep breath.

he stands up and shakes his head before ghing,.

" fine." he speaks calming his breathing down slightly looking between me and alec.

" why did you tell me to stop?" akec questions him confused.

"I was afraid something terrible would happen. Something that couldn't be undone." magnus speaks shurgging his shoulders making me and alec smile at him.

"Hey. You're okay." alec speaks smiling putting his hand on the side of magnus face before pulling hi in for a hug making me watch frowning as magnus stares down a the stuff on the floor.

"she called me a what?" i question frowning looking at clary and jace with an angirly look on my face.

 stood in the trainging room the pair filled me in on the little meeting they had with the inquistor with i was with alec.

and apparently The Clave wants to have clary and jace both tested to get a greater understanding of their "unique angel-blood abilities.". and my "hyrbid qualities" and deruning skin"

"this could be a good thing gracie, learn more about ourseleves and our abilities." clary speaks crossing her arms looking at me.

"clary you werent the one she called a monster and an abomination." i say scoffing looking at her with angry eyes flahsing bright yellow at her making him glance at jace who just shurgs his shoulders.

he doesnt wnat to do it either but clary persaduded him into doing them with her.

"clary as much as i want to find out what the fuck has happened to me...im not going going to be someone experiement." i say shaking my head glaring at her.

"so what? your just going to loose control... not understad how to handle yourself.... or your abilities?"

"ill speak to alec and magnus, they both promised they would help me." i say looing at her with wide eyes.

" they cant fix everything for you gracie," she speaks shaking her head making me scoff before i turn around and walk out of the room.