chapter 20

no ones pov:

it hadnt been long,

days, hours, weeks,

i actually didnt matter how long it had been.

because gracie hadnt left her room.

she refused to see anyone,

even magnus.

alec was just as torn,

but instead of hiding himself away like gracie alec is training.

pushing himself to be better.

on the roof top shooting with his bow,

with a glare on his face alecs vision gets blocked.

"alec" jace says looking at the struggiling brunette.

"move"alec growls holing his bow up wanting nothing more than to train.

"how long have you been up here? is gracie still in her room?" jace questions worriedly looking towards his brother.

"she doesnt want to see me..i dont blame her" alec says shifting his bow in his hand looking away from jace."im glamoured so no one can see me." alec says shooting another arrow off the roof top again.

"You can't beat yourself up."jace says simply his tone sad as he looks at alec.

"I'm not."alec replies back loading another arrow in his bow.

"Who are you talking to? It's me. I'm your parabatai. I know exactly what you're going through."jace says shaking his head looking at alec.

its true the bond between them is strong enough for jace to know exactly how much alec is hurting right now.

"What happened with Jocelyn, that wasn't you. That was the demon."jace speaks stepping infront of alecs shot again making alec huff.

"Get out of the way."alec growls angrily at him making jace smile sadly.

"Hey. Same side, remember?"jace says making alec huff."Come on, man. Come back inside. "jace says sighing walking towards the door making alec shake his head.

"That's the last place I want to be." alec says shaking his head laoidng another arrow.

"Alec, Valentine has the Soul-Sword. He slaughtered the Silent Brothers. We need our best soldiers-"jace expains walking back over to alec

"stop pretending this never happened."alec snaps angryily looking at his friend.

"I couldn't save you from Valentine. I couldn't save you from the City of Bones." alec says his voice chocking slighlty as tears form in his eyes."I... She's gracies mother."alec stutters as a tear rolls down his face."your mother."alec says looking at jace.

"Nobody blames you."jace says shaking his head staring at alec watching as he shake his head.

"They should."alec says before jumping off the roof of the insitute making jace run and watch as alec runs away,

gracies pov:

i didnt realise how much it would hurt.

how much finally realising she was gone would hurt.

watching the look on clarys face as alec picked me u and carried to back to the infurmary.

my whole room is dark, the curtains are shut, the only thing you can see is the pile of blankets im laying under.

tears still rolling down my face, everything red and blotchy from the amount ive cried.