chapter 36

after that talk me and alec spent the night with magnus,

after everything that happened they wanted me close and we all wanted to be together. i spent the rest of the night little, even waking up little too.

it was nice to be able to be relaxed for once.

whilst i was giggling and enjoying myself both of them were worried sick, scared that they are going to lose me, although they would both do whatever they can to save me.

it was clear that valentine didnt just want my sister. he needed both of us...but why?

sat on the floor in the living room, my feet kicking behind me., i lay on my stomach drawing a picture of me and alec and magnus.

the lines are wobbley and the people look nothing like any of us but i loved it.

magnus was walking around the apartment doing whatever it is he does and alec...well hes been different since last night,.

hes been quiet...

he stands looking out at the city from the balcony as magnus walks back into the room.

he comes over to me and ruffles my hair before walking past me out onto the blacony.

"How many Downworlders do you think live in New York?"i hear alec question.

i lay on my stomach continuing to colour as they talk.

"I don't know, but they're not all your responsibility."magnus explains to him with a sad tone.

"But you are."alec tells him before he sighs and walks into the living room magnus following him." and she is"alec speaks making me look towards him with a grin making him smile sadly back.

"i can take care of myself."magnus explains putting his hand on alecs shoulder making alec sigh.

"Maybe... but this is different. You may have lived through the fall of Rome, but even the Dark Ages couldn't have been this dark."alec tells magnus before shrugging his hand off his shoulder and sitting down on the sofa.

"Alexander... I know things may seem bleak, but... nothing was as devastating as seeing you standing on that ledge."magnus mutters quietly making me look towards him at the drop in his tone.

a whimper leaves my mouth making them both look at me. rolling to sit up i reach my hands out wanting one of them to pick me up.

magnus smiles and comes scooping me up from under my arms before sitting me on his hip.

"It was the magic. I would never, never..." alec speaks with a serious voice looking at me and then magnus making magnus nod knowing he doesnt want to say it infront of me.

"I know, I know. But magic can't create fears, only bring them out."magnus explains to alec sitting down next to him making me crawl onto alecs lap snuggiling into him.

a whimper leaves my mouth as i do, and this pain in my side happens.

"Magnus..." alec sighs looking towards him neither of them noticing me whimpering quietly in pain.

"Look, you don't have to explain yourself. I've been through it myself. Just promise you'll tell me if things ever get that bad." magnus speaks  seriously as they both look at each other in the eyes.

only breaking away when i whine loudly making them instantly look at me.

"whats wrong?" alec questions looking down at me as i shuffle in his lap holding my side.

"darling let me see"magnus speaks his voice soft as i whimper, alecs pulls my arms away from my side as magnus lifts my shirt up instantly gasping.

a black strange subastance seems to forming in my blood, coving half of my side. spreeding quickly too.

the boys look at each other as tears of pain roll down my face, before suddnely loud knocks at the door happen making magnus instantly jump up and run to the door.

alec pulsl my shirt down, scooping me up bridle style as i whimper in pain.

"Don't you people have phones?"i hear magnus question as i grunt in pain the pain becoming almost unbareable.

"We need your help."jace speaks his voice urgent and serious.

i look over and see clary clutching her hand as the blackness covers it almost to her wrist. she aswell grunts and breaths heavily in pain.

magnus brings us both into the living room where clary sits on a chair clutching at her hand and alec lays me down on the sofa, pulling my shirt up reveiling the same blackness

both jace and clarys eyes widen seeing i have it too as i whimper in pain squeezing alecs hands as he holds me down to the sofa

"La Chair Brulee."magnus whispers looking at me as he uses his blue magic on my hand the pain slowly going away.

he walks over to the clary taking her hand doing the same. 

 i lay on the sofa catching my breath back before alec helps me sit up and pull my shirt down.

"I'm guessing that's not a dessert." i speak sarcarsically now out of little space.

im pissed off.

i was having fun relaxing and finally being able to be free... and whoever has fucked it up will seriouly pay.

"It means "the burnt flesh." It's an old blood oath spell."magnus explians to us before slowly dropping clarys hand and coming to sit next to me.

"then it must be Iris."alec mutters passing back and foruth behind the sofa me and magnus are sat on."She said you owed her a favor."he speaks looking at me before looking at clary.

" At Max's party, she said we have to find Madzie."clary explaisn to everyone but looking at me kaking me nod.

"Then we better start looking."magnus speaks pushing himself to stand up."I can get rid of the pain, but that's about it."magnus speaks his tone suddnely dropping making me look at him.

"I'm afraid once the magic reaches your heart..." he speaks looking down at me making my eyes widen.

"So if we don't find Madzie... we're dead" i mutter looking down suddenly realsiing how bad the situation is. my face and heart completely drops making magnus sit back down and grab my hand as alec looks at us sadly.

"No... no Magnus, there has to be a cure."jace speaks making magnus look away from me and at him."There has to be something we can do to stop this."jace speaks his voice stern and angry,.

"Can't we force Iris to undo it?"alec questions his voice also serious but i can tell he's scared.

scared that hes gonna lose me... that he wont be able to protect me this time.

"I wish it were that easy. But blood oath spells are completely binding. Even Iris herself can't reverse it now."magnus tells us looking between everyone before he sadly looks away.

i look over at alec with wide eyes before standing up walking quickly into magnus room.