chapter 43

standing in magnus bedroom a towel wrapped around my body i sigh.staring at myself in the mirror hanging on the wall.

with small tears in my eyes i watch as i pull my hair to the side showing the large bite marks that are engraved into my neck.

a gasp leaves my mouth as i run my fingers over the perminate scars.

luke and jace had left to go and get the sword. whilst me and clary stayed back with magnus. 

i wanted to go and help but magus wouldnt let me leave his sight. i had to practically beg him to let me take a shower alone.

blinking the tears away as i hear footsteps walking towards the room i hold the towel tightly arund my body.

"hey" clary says coming into the room, hanging back by the door way.

" you can come in." i whisper turning around looking at her.

she sadly smiles at me and walks itno the room more and takes a seat on the bed.

she watches me as i walk over to the wardrobe and pull out some clothes.

a pair of black jeans and a grey long sleave shirt, 

"are you okay?" she questions quietly before a small scoff leaves her mouth." stupid questions oviously your not..." she mutters under her breath,

" clary" i say looking over my shoulder at her.she looks up from her lap at me." im fine" i tell her smiling slightly.

i dont want to have to lie to her and tell her im not freaing out right now.... but she needs to think im okay...we have so much more on...

as she sadly smiles back at me and stands up.

" ill let you get dressed...." she says before walking out fo the room making me let out a large sigh.

biting the inside of my mouth i turn and look back at myself in the mirror.....

after getting changed, i left my hair wet and walked back into the main lviing room and noticed the balcony doors open.

magnus and clary both outside leaning on the railings.

 i didnt mean to easdrop on their comversation as i walked closer.. but all i could do was hear the sadnes in magnus voice.

" is she alright?" he questions staring out into the city.

"no....but i think she wants us to believe she is..." clary replies back sadly making tears form in my eyes.

"do you know, im not used to feeling so.....poweless...."magnus mutters making my heart break slightly.

it isnt his fault.....

he houldnt bla,e himself for this....for any of it....

the sound of clarys phone rining makes me wipe the tears from my face and step omto the balcony making both fo them glcne at me as she pulls her phone out.

"omg" she gasps looking down at her phone maing me walk and look over her shoulder."simon are you okay?2 she questions,

 there on the phone is simon and valentine. simon taped to a chair and valentine jusy sat on another, looking towards the camera

"Simon's fine. We've just been having a nice talk. You know, he told me your greatest wish was to get to know your old man,which is funny, because it's always been my wish to get to know my daughters" valentine speaks looking into the screen maing mey stomach turn at the smile on his face." And so, I'm here, and I'm waiting for you. And frankly, well... Clarissa gracelynne, I'm losing my patience. "he says darkly before he stands up and takes a sword.