Hidden Nightmares

- Next morning

My eyes began to finally open up. I could see the new sunlight trying to get into the tent. '...fuzzy.' I told myself gripping the blanket I was given. I felt a bit better, but something still hurt around my cuts and bruises. I couldn't see what exactly I had, but I could feel my face throbbing, along with my legs and arms. Yup, I have seen better days.

I looked around with my eyes as I still lay on this makeshift bed thing. He wasn't there. 'Huh.?'

The Cyborg, Raiden to be exact wasn't inside the tent. " Ugh..my head.." I groan.

I lifted myself up a bit. "R-Raiden..?" I whispered. There wasn't a reply. My heart began to pound a bit. Was I alone..? Did he leave me here to die in the end?

I felt my eyes sting a bit.

Thump thump thump, a faster pace of heavy footsteps suddenly came. The tent's flat opened up. I gasped for a second. There he was. "Raiden." I spoke in a small voice.

He smiled lightly at me. "Hi, ur awake. I'm sorry I left fora bit. I thought a bit off food could help you out." He held a small bag in his metal hands.

My eyes beamed at the food. It felt like I haven't eaten in a week. " Here eat as much as you want. It's not much sorry." He plopped the bag down beside me.

"Thank you," I said as I opened up bag. There was a bagel, some chocolate chip cookies, and a small bowl of soup. To my surprise, it was actually warm. I was shocked, I guessed being in the middle of nowhere and he was still able to find some food.

"How are you feeling?" He sat down near me. I wasn't as frightened by him anymore. I had no choice..it was either trust him or die out here alone. I chomped down on the bagel.

" My head and self still hurts a bit." He averted his gaze. " Ah I'm sorry to hear that. But hey we can start moving out today if you can move."

I nod still chomping on food. " I'd like to move out today as well." I may have said that, but in the back of my head, I knew it wasn't going to be so easy. For all I knew I couldn't even walk. I was too shy to admit it.

"Are you worried..?" He asked me. "Worried. about what.?" I asked. " That ur being hunted, or afraid of me.." He looked down.

" Well.. at first I was scared you were going to harm me.., not gonna lie. If I'm being hunted still, all I want right now is help to survive. I'm a bit afraid of seeing those others." I spoke as I finished up my food.

Raiden nods, understanding my point of view. "We should head out soon. If we can arrive at the airport by the end of the day that means we can get you to safety sooner."

"Right." Raiden stood up and began to walk to the door. "I'll be there soon, I'm just gonna pack my things up." 

He nods at me. "If you need help, just ask alright.?" Honestly, I didn't want to be helped too much. I wanted to show that I'm not hopeless, that I can still fight.

With a click of his metal-heeled feet, he stepped out. I picked up my phone and put on the camera so I could see my hair. "Oh.. god..I look awful." My hair was a mess. I had dirt and blood of all things in it. 'Gross..'  Quickly taking out my brush from my back I couldn't pass it through my hair. Hoping it would help a bit. Next was clothes. My skinny jeans were torn a bit, where the wounds were. There was one more thing I saw. My one wound was a bit swollen it was pretty dark and a funny colour. 'Crap...' I told myself. It must be infected a bit. Not super bad yet, but It needed treatment.  I nod to myself a bit, all in all, my clothes were fine a bit dirty but doable.

Stuffing my few items into my bag I began to stand up. Try anyways.

'Tch..come on bend..please.!' I hissed at my legs stinging as I tried to stand. I was soo wobbly. The second I stood up like a baby deer, taking one step I failed.

Slip!

"Oh no..Ah!" I shout as I fall forward right through the tent door, backpack and all. "___!" Raiden calls to me in a panic only inches away. My face was flat in the dirt. "Ugh..ow.." I hissed.

He kneeled down next to me. "Need help..?" He was already trying to help pick me up by my arm. But I flinch away. "No." He froze, his eyes widen.

"I..I want to do this myself." I said in a low voice. This was embarrassing. My legs, my body hurt so much. Not to mention the one wound was infected.

"____...alright." He trailed off. Backing away a bit he watched me from a safe close distance in case I was about to face plant again.

I pushed myself up with my arms. My backpack was still on me. I lift up my one leg putting weight on it I push up into s standing position. I wheezed a bit at the pain. Still, Raiden did not move. His eyes were locked down on to me though. My wobbly form. He felt so bad, seeing me like this.

'W-why..won't you let me help..' He told himself.

"Finally."  I spoke as I took another step forward. ONly to stumble again. "w-wa AH!" I began to fall forward. Only to have myself collide suddenly with a hard metal body. Thump.

"Ow..." I grumbled. 

"Okay, yup that's enough. I can't see you torture yourself anymore." Raiden joked a bit. 

'This is so sad.' He kinda giggled to himself. Gives me points for trying he thought.

I huffed at his words. Still, to be honest it felt kinda nice knowing I stood but was able to leave against something that wouldn't let me fall. The sun warmed up his metal figure a lot.

"Fine.." I spoke. Raiden stood there looking down at my injured figure. Supporting me. It sent a small ping into his cyborg chest. The question was how were we gonna get there if I could barely walk.

-To be continued