⚡The Forest Of Whispers ⚡Part 3

( I was sick for over a week, but now I'm finally better. So here we go to do more of this book)

Later that night, Raiden placed down some mini warning alarms, that would signal to him in his headset in case of any movement while he rested. He had to admit he needed some sleep too. His usual dark-eyeshadow eyes were darker than usual.

'Hopefull no one will disturb us tonight though.' The blonde thought to himself.

Heading back into the cabin, he looked over to the side seeing ____ curled up in a corner sleeping. At this time he wished he could bring out a blanket but he could not.

'This forest used to be the place of laughing Octopus.., I remember snake speaking of that.'

Raiden was happy to know that creepy woman was gone, that was the last this he wanted to torture someone he cared about.

'I guess it's okay if I sleep here...' Grabbing his blades and bringing it closer to where ___ slept. Raiden took his place on the ground a couple of inches away from ____. In case something came flying through the door he could block it before it even touched her.

( Next Morning)

I woke up with a headache..and more pain. "Ugh..." I slowly sat up feeling a ghost.

"Yes...?" Raiden right away knew. "I feel like crap...I feel like my soul left my body."

"Oh that explains why I can see right through you."

I raised my brow at Raiden. "Here use it, painkillers." Reaching into his pouch he took out two painkillers.

"We should go soon, I will go have a look around to make sure we are not followed."

"Okay...." I reached into my bag for some rations to munch on.

Moments later Raiden called my headset. Raiden: "Let's go, it's clear. I will be hidden once again, but tell me if it's getting hard to walk. Snake bites hurt like hell."

I had to go up a hill that had multiple ledges, according to Raiden, right after this, this is where he started talking to Snake again for the first time in years after his cyborg surgery.

Some of the ledges were a little hard to climb, I had to drag myself up, or practically throw myself up. Dust and dirt gathered on my clothes, each time I threw myself up.

*cough cough* I inhaled some dust. This alarmed Raidne a bit, hearing my breathing get ragged.

Raiden:"Are you alive?!"

"Ye*cough* Y-ES!" Every little thing was now setting him off. Ever since Boris wanted to hire me, but Raiden refused to let me.

Raiden:"Good then." He sighed.

"It's just dust," I replied. "Still deadly."

"PFt Raiden I think you are more deadly than dust."

"Alright next, so you are going to enter a new area. It's going to be a large open field with some overhead pieces of land kind of like a cliff." Raiden began to tell me.

"Sounds like you have been here before."

"I..have. On a mission many years ago."

"So what's the story, I can tell there is a story."

I now stood on top of a large hill, looking down into a valley-like place, many trails were leading around the area, then the cliffs Raiden spoke of.