⚡Mission Day⚡

( Hopefully, this isn't a spoiler for anyone, but I am putting this warning here before it's too late from MGS4 past events.  You have been warned.

If anyone remembers this chapter way back in MGS4. When Snake was crawling down a battlefield, and Raiden calls him for the first time in a long time, but Raiden is hidden away from sight. I am going to use part of this location for my story. Later on)

I stepped out of my room. Raiden and Otacon waited at the door for me. I looked at them, I was all suited up and ready to head out on the mission. This was going to be a long trip.

"Are you ready?" Raiden asked, making sure I was alright.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

"Good, let's go then."

"I will drive you two to the helicopter landing platform." The brunette doctor said.

I didn't feel sick, but I would be lying if I didn't say I felt at least nervous. I didn't want to bother Raiden though with this. This line of work is very important to him, I didn't want to mess this up.

I'm a bit ashamed to think, I practically live off the guy, in terms that I make very little, and have no home of my own. He didn't seem to mind though, not one bit. He was so kind.

Raiden and I had our own little room in the back of the limo. I was surprised we had a limo. It didn't seem necessary.

I heard the light crackling sound of a radio near me. "_____?"

My head lifted. That voice sounded familiar, it was a while since I heard it like that. I glanced at Raiden.

His silvery blue eyes looked back at me, waiting for me to say something. 'Did ____ figure it out?' He wondered.

"That was you."

Raiden nods his head. "I Know You finD it....cOol." He spoke again through the radio he had, without his mouth moving. His eyes looked at me like he was searching my soul's pains.

"Aha..." I avert my eyes a bit. "Is SoMething ThE MaTter?"

"You don't have to sound like...a robot..." I kinda of giggled.

"Pfft...geese...I'm not..well. Cyborg. Anyways...you seem worried." He says in that voice again.

Raiden slowly reached out and put a metallic hand on my shoulder. "If my face didn't look like this right now. I would try to smile more for you. It's a bit difficult." He scratched the back of his silver hair.

'Right..., he could smile a lot more with his normal human face. That metal jaw doesn't allow him too much, not even eat as easy.'

"High five?" He suddenly spoke normally. Holding up his hand. I lift my hand up and give him a high five, that worked. the second that happened he grabbed my hand in his. Then gently held it.

"You're trembling...." He said in a concerned voice.

"Y-you tricked me..." I huffed softly. He pulled on my arm more, forcing me to lean against him. I nearly hit my head on his metal body.

"OOh woops, your head okay?" He put his hand on the back of my head." Sorry, I'm not exactly...soft aha." He said a bit embarrassed. "I'm fine."

' Few.. that was close. If I did hit my head hard enough, he literally would give me a concussion.. How embarrassing.' 

Raiden gave me a side hug with his one arm. While we sat there waiting for the end of our limo ride.. "Just rest.., I got your back."

I gripped the black leather trench coat I wore with my hand. The same one Raiden used to wear when he was younger. So he said.