⚡Can You See The Lightning Strike⚡

"Are you sure this is good?" I blinked looking myself in the mirror. "Of course! Your bruises are covered, and I think it brings out your eyes more. Mm, less attention on the swollen part of your face." Raiden seemed really enthusiastic about the makeup he put on my face.

I turned my head side to side. He was right, it covered up my face nicely. However, he put some extra darkness around my eyes, or should I say the same dark eyeshadow he himself has. I Gotta hand it to him though, he did a pretty nice job. I could almost blush, I held it back though.

"Thanks, you're pretty good at this." "Haha, think so?" Raiden placed a hand on top of my head, gently smoothing it down. "Later on though, should put some more ice on it." I nod my head in reply.

"Can we train a bit?"

"Ahh, you sure about that? I mean..." He glanced back at my battered face. "Just a little bit, please?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"One more time!" I stabbed my sword into the ground. Raiden however, just shook his silver-haired head. "No.., that should be enough for now." Raiden held back not wanting to beat me up more than I already us. It wasn't him who beat me up, it was previous times that did.

I let out a sad sigh, slumping down to my knees. "Aww...but it's fun..." Once again he shook his head. "Another day." He now stood at my side, holding out his clawed hand, with a soft smile on his face. "FIiinne.." I grabbed onto his hand. With a swift motion, he pulled me up off the ground.

He dusted me off in a friendly way. He looked up at the sky. There was still sunlight out. "How about we go to the library, just like you wanted?" He said while finishing up with the dusting. I nod my head. A grin hit his face. "There ya go, girl!! tell you what, I'll buy you a book, think of it as a souvenir." Letting in I replied. "K, you win."

Leaving in my tight leather armoured clothing I head out with Raiden to the city once again. This time I hoped it didn't rain because the makeup covering the punch marks on my face would wash away after a while. I would rather not have people gawking at me.

"Here we go, I thought you would like this place

"Here we go, I thought you would like this place." Raiden showed me the door to what seemed to be an antique-looking library. Sure they sold modern books, but also many other styles.

( Time Skip)

I was sitting on a tall ladder way up in the bookshelves. While Raiden was leaning on the second floor against the railing, with his nose in a book about swords. It was quiet, there were other people here, but everyone was minding their own business.

While I was scanning over some books as I sat on the ladderway up, my phone started to vibrate ring. I looked down at the caller ID. 'Boris..' I read. I vaguely remembered who the man was. Raiden spoke to me about him before. Saying he was like his Boss and friend a long time ago. The man who worked with Kevin and Courtney. 'Oh shoot I should pick up.'