⚡I am Lightning, Protecting The Weak In The Storm⚡ Part 5

Finally some sweet coffee. Raiden was nice enough to stop to let me buy a drink.  Was dehydrated at this point. I needed food too, or I was gonna be one grumpy one-eyed human.

Don't think he of all people wanted that.

"Hey, uh..Raiden." I questioned, he glanced at me as he drove the car.

"Do you think I'll be able to see..again?"

He felt bad hearing me say this." It's honestly hard to say..I uh, sorry."

"I'm just a bit worried.." I mumbled.
"Yeh, understandable." He looked at me with concerned eyes,  quickly I changed the subject. "Your pretty cool though, thanks for putting up with me."

"Trouble? nah no way. You are not trouble, plus Sunny likes having another girl to talk to. Thanks for being her friend." He smiled kindly at me. It made me happy that I mattered. " Don't worry I'll be around when Doktor looks at your eye, no way I'll leave you alone to suffer."

~Time Skip/ Few hrs later

We began to pull into the parking area of the large building. This place was massive. The wired fence closed behind us. There was some intense security here. I began to be a bit nervous. However, I was not gonna let myself go that easy without finding a bathroom first. The coffee was great, but I also wanted to clean up a bit first.

Raiden put the car into park, sending a quick call to this so-called Doktor.

"Where are here outside of the company." I grit my teeth a bit. I didn't feel ready.

"Wonderful! We can start right away then." With that Raiden hung up. "no." I whispered.

"Hm?" The silver-haired man looked at me "..no..I'm not ready." Raiden sighed at my words. He could tell I was nervous. "Is there something you need..? before it." I turned and look at him slowly. I still averted my gaze a bit, embarrassed I didn't look at his face. I held out my arms. He looked down at me with soft blue eyes, didn't say anything. Honestly, he was surprised. He got the message though. I felt his 2 metal arms touch my shoulder pulling me closer to him. My hands also made contact with his metal sides. I just wanted a hug. It sorta melted his heart at my gesture. My face lay there on his metal front. His hug this time was stronger, tighter. It didn't hurt though. I was so embarrassed, I pretty much buried my face into him. "Are you okay, do you need anything else..?"

"Bathroom...please..." "yes mam." He replied. With that, he carefully glided me out of the car. It was time to head inside. He let me hold onto his arm, he didn't seem to mind as me walked. In case something popped out and spooked me, I could hide behind him. 'Yeah sure pfft, get it together ___. It'll be okay.' I tried to tell myself.

The building inside was huge. Raiden spotted a women's bathroom for me down the hall. I quickly walked inside.

To my surprise, this bathroom was more of a change room. It was quite clean. I spotted a shower. It was luck. Not caring where I had to be I quickly took a shower. The warm water stung my eye wound, but it did help me feel better. I felt so disgusting and violated by those evil scientists from beforehand.

Raiden waited patiently outside on a bench. He knew I needed some time alone. My frail frightened form when he saw me behind the glass in the dark stung.

'She..isn't frightened by me...im happy..for that.' He told himself.

What Raiden didn't know was that I had a small fear of doctors. Depending on the situation of course. I hoped this man would try to respect my boundaries because at the moment I would only let Raiden close enough to me. Doktor was a stranger to me.

I stepped out of the bathroom. The silver-haired cyborg looked up at me. "Feel better?"

"Mhm." He could tell I looked better too. "Let's go then, the hallway should lead us to the room where he is in." Raiden pointed. With that, he began to walk down the hall ahead of me. I followed behind him quietly at a distance.

"This is it." Raiden said in a low voice. I swallowed still keeping a distance. He lifted his metal hand up and knocked on the door. 'Nope, not ready.' I told myself.

This was not gonna be easy. I could hear footsteps getting closer to the large doors we stood at.

-To Be Continued⚡