I am Lightning, Protecting The Weak In The Storm Part 1

- 1 Week later

"Freedom! WOHOO!" I shout inside my room. I was finally able to go out alone. I have pretty much healed up. I was beyond happy. Raiden's words in the back of my mind stung a bit though. 

-Flash Back "You might be healed now, but you need to be careful still. Something tells me this isn't over yet. If you want to go to town that's fine, but Do Not go alone."

"Eepp." His voice was so stern it sent chills down my spine. I understood what he meant though.

It was time I wanted to ask Sunny about going out for a day trip, I overheard Raiden speaking to co-workers about a mission on his codec. So I knew he wasn't able to go with me. I wanted to get out so bad and have a day to shop around and enjoy life.

I knocked on Sunny's office door. " Who is it?" She called out. "It's me ___, morning Sunny. Say um wanna go out to town with me? please. Raiden is busy. He told me not to dare go alone...."

"Haha sounds like him, actually I would love too, we can have Wolf come with us. That will keep Raiden from blowing a fuse." I giggled. My other plan was to buy a small gift for the man, after all, he saved my life.

- 30 min later 

Sunny and I head out with wolf. There was a spare car we could use to drive out. We also kinda snuck out without Raiden knowing. I left a note for him in my room though.

-20 min after we left.

"Hey ah..?" Raiden blinked scratching his head. "Not here.. where?" I walked closer to my desk seeing a note written on it.

~ Sunny and I went out to town, Blade Wolf is with us too. 

We will be back later tonight. I have that phone with me though just in case.

~____ out

"Huh..well I guess I got my answer." He set the note back down and walked out of the room. 

~Back to Sunny and I

" There it is!" Sunny smiled. It was a nice sunny fall day. First was finding a parking spot. "Wolf, any ideas where we can park?" I assumed he could track a location pretty easily.

"There is a parking place not too far from here, turn left to get there." He stated. Nodding I turned the car in the direction he said. After parking, we started making our way down the street. It was really pretty the silver city buildings shined in the sunlight. 

*bbrp brrrp* I heard the phone ring in my pocket. "Oh." I picked up the phone and looked at it. It was Raiden. * Beep* I picked it up. " Raiden." I spoke

"Hey, how are things over there, I got the note." It was hard to tell if he was worried or annoyed that we left without him. "We are in the city now, everything is fine." 

"Alright then, that's good. If something happens let me know." 

"Sure." I spoke not wanting to tell him, that I wanted to kinda handle it myself if something was to happen. After all, we had Wolf here with us.

"Raiden out." * Beep* That was it the call ended. "Aright! mall time." Sunny and I head into the building. "Wolf, I'm not sure if you're able to go inside with us. How about you go look around and have fun." Spoke Sunny. "Right then, I shall go then, let me know when you're finished here." 

"Yup." I replied. With that Wolf jumped really high and climbed up one of the sides of the buildings with ease. Probably going to go perch somewhere up on a skyscraper.

~1 hr later

Sunny and I went into many different stores. Now enjoying lunch at a cafe outside on a teras up on a  high floor above the city. There were glass walls surrounding us. It was quite the view I loved it. I snapped a picture of it with my own cell phone as a memory. 

I sipped my tea as Sunny and I waited for our food. I looked down at my hands. There was a small blue box with a  white ribbon on it. "Is that for Raiden?" Sunny smiled.

"Yes..It was kinda hard to pick something that worked for a military cyborg like him." Sunny never asked what was inside, she wanted to be surprised later on, seeing his reaction. "It's a cute little box. I'm sure he will like it." Shortly after our food arrived. I also ordered a pumpkin spice latte on the side. I had a feeling I was gonna need the extra caffeine. We munched on our food high up in the air on the cafe platform. 

Second after not realizing as we ate. A rocket was launched towards our direction going way up to where we and many other people sat living our peaceful lives. Things were about to get real messy.

~ To Be Continued