⚡It's Your fault⚡

"It's your fault," I said below my breath.

"What?" Raiden looked at me with his jaw open.

"You, you scared them."

"What no? I didn't even do anything."

"Yeah, you did." I shot back, as I sipped my tea in the corner of the cafe. "You looked at them."

"Pft.! how am I supposed to even order food without looking at them??"

I broke out in laughter." I'm just kidding."

"Just drink your tea," Raiden said in a half-joking manner and grabbed his drink.

After time passed I asked him a question." Raiden...can I ask you something?" My eyes looked sharp and serious. Raiden looked up wondering what I possibly had to say that made me look like that.

"Sure, what's on your mind?" He gave me his full attention.

"On your mission...if something happens to either of us. Can we count on each other to drag the other one out?"

The man nearly spat his drink out. "The way you are speaking is, you are asking me to get you out alive. The answer is of course I would. What brought this to your mind?"

My stomach had butterflies. It was war, of course, that's why I asked him. Still...I was nervous.

"You are coming out alive, like it or not. I would never let you die by the enemy."

"Okay good."

"Now don't talk like that. It's not good for concentration. Focus on your job, and mission, not on the what-ifs.

"Let's head back. I think after today we could use some relaxing."

"Okay Raiden, let's go make sure Otacon hasn't trashed the place."