⚡Short Circuiting 🦋(Edited)

( Happy New Year to anyone who is celebrating. I don't, but I thought I'd try to get another chapter out)

" So tell me the story?" I asked.

"How do I explain this.....I was hired for a mission. I also knew Snake was going to be around here. I had to check up on him after years. I haven't spoken to him in years. He had no idea I was now not my normal self, I was a cyborg."

"Man... that's heavy. So how did you approach him?"

"One moment, you may begin to walk down that hill into the valley. Careful though, something tells me there are people here."

"Okay." I made my way down the fairly speed hill. My shoes slipped a bit across the small rocks. I placed my gloves hand on the ground and kneeled for a moment.

Crouching forward I walked to a large wall of land. It was like a tiny island, but with no water where was. Just some uneven land.

I leaned against the large dirt wall and looked up at the sky. when I did I was surprised to see the edge of a little finger standing above me on the cliff.

"R-Raiden?"

The figure moved and looked out above me. Sure enough, it was him, he waved down to me. using his soft Raido voice he asked.

"What's wrong, do you need a break?"

"Just give me a moment."

( Let's pretend it's the new year right now, but because it's the hot weather it technically wouldn't have snow)

"So this is how we are spending our new year."

Raiden:" Yes the life of a soldier isn't always easy sometimes we don't get a Christmas, but maybe once we are done I can figure something out, to make up for lost time."

A little smile appeared on my lips. "Alright, if that happens I can't wait to see."

"So what did Snake say when you contacted him for the first time in years?"

"Aha that's a bit funny. At the time I didn't have much time to explain, nor did I want to because I felt a bit bad for vanishing. He asked me where the hell I have been all this time? I told him I was on  a mission, looking for a man called big boss, more like his corpses."

"Ooh, aha. Not such a happy meeting."

"No, not really. I stuck around though, I quietly made sure to help guide him. I wanted to make up for leaving."

"Aww...you are so nice still, even though," I replied.

"Yes..I was afraid to show him what I became."

I stood up and began walking farther into the open field that was to come. When Raiden's sharp voice stopped me.

"Stop ! get down now!"

My brain was going a million miles. Confused, worried about them he suddenly ordered me to drop to the ground. "Hold still..." He said very quietly.

I tried to breathe slowly, but it was hard. Each time I did I moved the dust across the ground with my breath.

"There are a lot of men here, I think they are trying to scare off some unwanted people. There will be gunfire along the way, do not move because you hear them, unless I say so. You need to crawl along the path on the side. Just remember they are not firing at you, I will keep watch."

"Okay..." I heard the shout of gunfire in the distance.

"Now go.." He told me.