❗Caretaker?⚡

*Bring Bring!* The phone rang as I sat there in the broken building of what used to be World MarshalI. I somehow pulled, yanked, and stuffed Raiden's heavy metal form up onto my lap so his head could rest. True he was out cold, but if there was the slightest chance he awoke, then he would feel a tiny bit better.

Boris: Hello___, what is it? The man finally picked up. "Boris! I'm sorry to be suddenly calling like this, but It's Raiden! h-he needs help, please. I need to get him somewhere out of where we are." My voice cracked a bit.

Boris: Something is wrong with Raiden!? Tell me, and I'll get help right away!

"We ran into an Ai, a stronger one. He apparently looked like a cyborg that Raiden killed a long time ago. He called himself Monsoon! H-he Cut Raiden's Arm Off! He needs help, he is out cold."

Boris: OH! That is not good. I will call a chopper right away to pick him up. I'm afraid that you cannot go with him to where he is going. The last time he lost his arm, he would be away for three weeks while recovering. Do not worry though, I know the perfect place for you to try and relax for the time being. I assume being at his home would be..a bit too stressful right now. A good old friend of Raiden's to be exact. Solis would be a good place to go right now. What is your location dear?

"The place where World Marshall use to stand. Thank you, Boris. Is there nothing I can do for him till we wait?" I looked down at Raiden's bloody form.

Boris: Sorry..___ there isn't much that you can do, but stay there with him. Hang tight! there is a chopper on the way as we speak! I'll call tou back later with more details for you.

"Okay...thanks." With that we hung up, I waited for aid to come to us. Then my phone began to ring again. I picked it up. "___! IS Raiden OKAY?!"

It was Sunny. "Hard to say, Boris said he will be okay once rested and fixed up. He's right here, we are waiting for help to come."

Sunny: OH thank god! I thought it was much worse. I know you got his back, Raiden cares for you. He would do the same."

"Yeah..I'm watching him." I ran my fingers through his half bloody hair. It was still soft. "OH right! So I was also told you are coming to Solis again. Well, I'm not sure how much Boris told you, but the friend of Raiden he talked about is, actually my adopted father."

"F-Father? Woah really?" I blinked hearing this news. I had no idea Sunny was adopted.

"Yup! He and Raiden go back, and if you ever heard of Snake. There were all such good friends and co-workers. He said he will be glad to help you out, seeing as you and Raiden practically work and live together at times. He will be here at Solis when you arrive. I do need to go back to work now. Please be safe___! can't wait to see you."

"A co-worker..of his. Sounds cool. Thanks, Sunny!" I said my byes to her too and hung up. Not long after that I could hear the sound of the helicopter getting close to us.

"Miss___, where are you!?" I could hear the medics call out from the floor below. I could hear the sounds of boots rushing. "WE are up here! another floor!"

"Just a bit longer Raiden...then we can help you.." I felt a tear threaten to fall from my eye. I got this far, just as he asked me to. Poor Raiden still lay there lifeless. I wasn't allowed to go with him. Knowing that made me a bit sad. I had to trust he was going to be okay though.

( Time Skip)

I watched Raiden get lifted away in the medic helicopter. My own ride waited for me now too, to take me to Solis. "Ready to go?" The driver called to me. "Yeah.., may as well." I boarded my ride too and flew off.

We finally touched down at Solis' airbase landing sight. Sunny awaited me from the ground with a happy smile, next to her was a man who I'd never met before. He was fairly tall. He had glasses, dark brown long hair, and these soft-looking blue eyes. He seemed to be more of a lanky guy, but buff and such like a lot of the military men are. He seemed to lightly smile from where he stood.

I got out of the helicopter and walked up to Sunny and that man.

"___! welcome back." Sunny greeted me. "Thanks." My eyes landed for a brief moment on the man next to Sunny. "Hello there miss____ I believe?" The man's voice was soft and gentle. "Oh yes, hello." I tried to be polite.

"Good, You can call me Hal, or Otacon

"Good, You can call me Hal, or Otacon. I don't want to bore you, but I'm technically a doctor. Father to..Sunny here." Something told me that I'll like this man. He seemed pretty cool, and apparently, he knew Raiden when he was younger.

"Yup! I need to go back to work though, my break is almost over." Sunny spoke up. "Oh, alright Sunny. It was nice seeing you again."

"We can talk later!" She waved off to us. Now it was only me and this new guy Otacon. He adjusted his glasses and breathed. "I assume Boris..contacted you."

I nod my head. "Yes he did, you..uh must be the friend of Raiden..he talked about." The man nods his head. "I am..Boris asked me to..help. If you like we can go to..my home. I - I uh mean...you..are probably tired." The man tried to be careful about what he said. Because to him, I looked like hell. Raiden's blood was still splattered here and there on my clothes. He felt sympathy for me. "Alright..."

"Good uh follow me, my car is close by." I followed Otocon to his car. ' I hope Raiden is doing okay..' I thought to myself.

( In The Car)

"So..have you heard anything from Raiden yet..?" Otacon asked me while he drove the car. I glanced out the window as the sunset. "No, not yet. You..met Raiden when he was young what was he like?"

The man took in a deep breath. "Good guy, but he..had a lot of hardships. The poor man struggled a lot when he first became a cyborg, and eventually got used to it. He...was a lonely man. Sunny tried to help him but when he needed emotional support, she was still so little then."

"..mh.. I see. He helped me a lot too."

"Heh, yeah sounds like him. He misses our good old pal Snake. They were on missions together many times in the past."

"Snake? Raiden didn't speak much about him to me. Who was he?"

"Ah Snake he.., how about I tell you later about him. We are almost there."

( Time Skip)

"Well, here we are. You can call this your home now, and stay here till Raiden is healed up. I do have a job that I need to attend to still as well."

"What do you do? Are you in the military or something?"

We stepped inside his home. The inside of the house was mostly wood. Sort of like the inside of a fancy cabin. It looked nice though. "Well, not exactly military completely. I do fly the occasional helicopter or large aircraft. When Raiden, Snake, Sunny and I use to travel we would fly in some aircraft around the world. I invent stuff too would you like to see?"

"Sure..!" I followed after Hal. 

'Perfect! I'll show her the Mk. ll. She will love this little guy I'm sure of it.' Otacon was happy to show off some of his work. He could tell I was down, and very concerned for Raiden. He just wanted to cheer ___ up. She could be a perfect ally to him later on with work as well.

-To Be Continued