⚡Mission Day⚡Part 2

The limo came to a halt. 'Time to go.' I opened my side of the door and slid out.

I made my way to the back of the back to collect my luggage. I wasn't really able to take much with me.

( Landing Platform)

I was nearly blinded by the sunlight beaming off Raiden's metal body. "Give me that."Raiden pulled my bag from my hand and set it up in the helicopter. I pulled myself up into my seat. Raiden joined me on the other side. He reached out and pulled the headset off the wall, and passed it to me. He did not need one because of him being a cyborg.

"Take off is soon. So get comfortable" I heard Raiden's voice in my ear. It came from my headset.

I looked up over my shoulder. "Right, no problem," I spoke into the mouthpiece."

We lift off the ground. Raiden's voice spoke to me. "Let me go over the details of the mission. He pulled a paper out of and began to read it.

"Our mission starts in a small town. I have been here before in the past, in South America. We are to travel on foot once dropped off. Our main objective is to eliminate any Cybrogs causing trouble. We are to travel to little camps in the wilderness, then also down a large field."

This was all a lot to hear, but sort of exciting in a way. " So we are not really meant to kill many people.. I hope."

"No, only the ones who attack us we fight back, and those cyborgs," Raiden replied to me.

'Few...so it's sort of a stealth mission.'

"Trying to attract little attention we will do this."

" You say you have been there before. Can I ask with whom?"

Raiden sighed a bit and dropped his voice a bit. "With..Snake. After I returned being turned into a Cyborg and was saved by a few people."

He didn't seem to be sad to talk about that, maybe because it was all the past.

"It was probably not easy at all."

"That's an understatement.., but yes."

I sat back in my seat and glanced out the window. This was a lot to process. I didn't have doubts about Raiden, never not at all. I had doubts about how easy this sounded. 'There is no way it will be that easy.' 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We touched down finally in the very warm climate of South America. My head raced inside my chest. It was starting to slowly sink in just how real this was.

"Goodluck you two." The pilot spoke. He told us where our base resting place is if we need it. However, once we are out, we are on our own there isn't much place to home.

My eyes scanned the streets. Some were really small alleys others somewhat wider enough for one tank to fit through. I looked down at the dust on my feet. This place was extremely warm. My armored suit that Dok made me, had a slight cooling fabric built into it, to make it more comfortable. 

"This place brings back memories," Raiden said in a halfhearted way.

"Can I ask what?"

"Sure, but follow me we should start walking."

I followed Raiden, while he told me about his past.

"I reunited in person with Snake here, after taking down a couple of Gekko. This was the first time Snake saw me as a Cyborg."

- To Be Continued ⚡