⚡A Place I Can Call Home? Part 2⚡

After hours of waiting, and snoozing on and off in this incredibly uncomfortable chair, we began to land at Maverick.

Whatever sleeping I did was not nearly as peaceful as I hoped, I began to develop some serious dark natural eyeshadow around my eyes, similar to that of Raiden's.

"Ah so.. let's go." Raiden looked at my drained half-dead self. I stood up slowly and mumble in reply. "Mhm......" 'Oh..god...she's soo out of it..' He thought to himself. Raiden blinked seeing me walk right by my bags not even caring one bit to pick them up. 'Yup...not a care in the world.' He picked up my luggage and followed after me.

We head inside the building, Raiden motioned for me to sit down on the sofa while he handled the rest. "Stay here, i'll be back." I slumped down and just hung there off the side of the chair. Raiden looked back a moment before going inside of a room, just to see if I was alive still.

I wanted nothing more than a bed, lots of sleep, a shower, and not absolutely nothing for a while. My head was killing me, my face was burning from an oncoming fever. 'Heh...least I finished the mission.' I grinned to myself like a crazy person. Well, no one saw that, it was just what I mentally assumed.

After Raiden took care of the business, he came back. *Cough* He cleared his throat. "We can go now." Raiden could tell I was still alive, and breathing but boy..did I look soo bad. I didn't even twitch at his words to leave.

"Haa...guess it can't be helped, ookay...sunshine...up you go." Raiden had no choice but to grab my form and flip it up over his shoulder while holding my back in his other hand. Normally I would say something, maybe even argue as to why he swung me over his back. I really did not care at this point. I could almost just pass out on the spot.

Which...I did. It took a moment for Raiden to notice my body go limp from sleeping. When he found out was when he was peeling me off his shoulder to put me in his car. "Ooooh...." His eyes widen a bit. 'Waisted...' He thought. 

Trying not to make too much of a sound with his metal body clinging each time he stepped or touched something, he crawled quietly into his car after turning it on, we drove off. Since I was asleep Raiden didn't have the chance to tell me where we were heading. His plan was to go to his home, where he lives alone since he is always on call for his work. He can give me a peaceful life there to rest and just enjoy the simple things. After all that I was been through, he thought it was best to hide me away from any military business for a while.

His home had a backyard and everything. A woman my age would like, maybe even more because he was a cyborg after all. He had to alter a few things in his home to work with his metal self. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While Raiden was driving I woke up a bit, I was thirsty. I found myself in his car. Not remembering he moved me here, it was nice and warm inside, he had the heat turned on.

"Hey there, we are heading to my home if you are wondering, I think you will like it there."

"....mhm...okay." I said in a quiet low voice.

(a little while later)

I looked out the window with my sleepy eyes. Raiden to pull over to a medium-sized house. From what I saw there weren't any neighbours. It was more like close to the city countryside house. He had a wide-open field backyard.

I was glad I could finally get some peace and quiet.

Raiden stepped out of the car and opened the door to the house. He then walked over to my side and swung the door open. "Welcome to my home."

My eyes a bit wider, scanned the area. I didn't have the energy to stand up though, so Raiden lifted me up, and continued to carry me up into the house. He had fairly large doorways, I assumed so he could fit with his metallic body. He was pretty tall, plus wore metal heels all the time.

"There is a spare bedroom you can use. Take your time." He set me down on my feet in a dark crimson wall-painted bedroom. He had all the basic things in a room. There was one thing that stuck out though that he had in the room. He had a small vanity, with a mirror and a chair.

In my life growing up I never owned one of those, and seeing one now lit me up a bit. Maybe he had it so he could do his eyeshadow and hair. The thought of it made me giggle.

"Well rest up. I'll leave your things at the door. I need to go do some errands." Raiden smiled at me lightly. "Oh right, the shower is just outside this door." With that, he waved bye and walked out to do his house stuff.

" With that, he waved bye and walked out to do his house stuff