⚡Electrical TuneUp⚡ Part 2

"When was the last time you went to dinner?"

I nearly lost it then. This beautiful cyborg man was asking me that.

"T-to be honest not for a very long time."

"Ah, I see. W-well I can arrange something then, don't worry about a thing." Right away Raiden picked up the phone and started calling someone he knew.

I looked at him curiously. 'I guess I should get ready?' After some time I noticed Raiden booked us a car to use because we took a motorcycle out here.

After cleaning up, and brushing out my hair. Raiden patiently waited for me in the corner of the room. He was lightly smiling. I see him place his sword in a silver briefcase to avoid conflict.

"Ready to go?"

"Ahh..yes," I replied. What I did not know was that he booked us a place at a fancy restaurant. War was cruel and heartless. Even if there was peace for one day for us to enjoy life, it would be worth it.

I glanced at Raiden's face. He blinked his eyes. " Something wrong?" He was a bit worried. Was he going too far?
"No." I was looking at the two lines that ran beside his lips. Curiosity was getting to me.
"I was just wondering about the two lines by your mouth."

"Oh that. Well, I guess that's just how I'm put together. Not bad though." Then Raiden's phone rang." Oh, shoot! Sorry, we need to go. Ahh here wear this." He tossed me his old leather trench coat. I didn't own really any fancy clothes, it wasn't my style to wear a dress or skirt at all. The life I was living now would a problem in a skirt.

(Outside)

"Y-you rented a limo??" I was lost for words.
"Yup, but it was because my old coworkers helped me with this. Maverick always had one waiting on the side. Now, let's go."
I followed after him and got in the back. Taking his seat Raiden sat across from me. He tapped on the window for the driver to go.

This car was so elegant and clean. I felt out of place. I didn't even know where to put my hands.
Still, the cyborg man across me just smiled lightly.

"Don't worry, I wasn't really used to this either. Helicopters were more my thing at some point. "

I tried to breathe calmly. This wasn't a date, nope. I just took it as Raiden being nice.  Raiden was outshining me with his semi-fancy outfit.

I had a pair of black leather skinny jeans, and a white mid-long-sleeved shirt, over top of that was that black leather jacket. For my feet, I just laced up skateboarding-style boots.

I stayed quiet while looking out the window. "There's no need to worry, I am still capable of defending us, in case of attack."

'Hmmm, he's right but without my sword I am defenceless. I left it back at Solis.'

He placed his hand in my knee."It's okay, I'm here."

I smiled lightly back at him.

(Front Doors Of Restaurant)

The driver pulled over and dropped us off at the doors. This place looked huge. It was like a different world l, a world where only the rich hung out. I felt out of place. Raiden gently placed his arm over my shoulder, making me stand next to him.

There was a man at the door with a mini wooden table, he was dressed in a black suit.
The second he spoke I right away knew it. 'Rich... people.., I don't belong here.' Still since Raiden was making this a treat, I held on.

"Hello, sir and lady. Do you have a reservation for tonight?"

Raiden kept that one arm on me all time, for he could sense my nerves. Eyes floated in our direction. I was quite sure no one here knew what Raiden was, only me. Some people labelled the poor guy a criminal, it was for the best.

"Yes we do." Firmly but softly Raiden replied.
The man looked down at his book." Hmm alright, under what name sir?"

"Light."
'That's Raiden for you.' I thought.

"I see your name, alright this way please." Raiden gently nudged me to walk forward because I was a bit frozen in place:

" I would like the quietest seat you have please." My friend adds.

The waiter looked at me for a moment, then back at the so-called Mr. Light. I averted my eyes to the floor. "Very well I should have a spot for you and your woman."

I slightly flinched, this waiter's tone bothered me. As we went up to the second floor, I felt random people's eyes on us. I wasn't sure if they were looking at me or Raiden, I didn't like it though.

"Here you are, I will be right back with the menu."

Sighing quietly I sat down next to the wall, hoping it will hide me from the eyes. This place was sure quiet though, it was nice.

"Don't worry about the price, order anything you like."

He was so kind, I didn't want to make the poor guy breakthrough.

"I'll be back, bathroom. Just order me tea for now."
"Okay." Raiden didn't want to question me. I see the sign to the bathroom and speed walk into it.
I told myself to calm down, that there was a very slim chance that the people here had no idea who Raiden was.

I left the bathroom. On my way back I felt my skin crawl at the sight of someone the men at the tables looking at me. 'Tch disgusting, look the other way.' Some of these people had their dates yet they were looking at me.

I found my seat across the table from Raiden. I sunk back with the menu he handed me. "Everything alright?"

"Yup," I replied. 'It's not exactly a lie.' The blonde only smiled at me, he could feel the eyes on us still. "Pick whatever you like." He told me. The tea was already here, so I picked up the cup and sipped on it.

We both ordered our food and sat there quietly. Maiden sipped on his latte. It was kinda cute to think a man like him liked lattes. Not that it was bad or anything. It was just hard to picture at times when he was all suited up in metal.

"Here you are." The waiter placed our food down for us. ( Imagine your favourite food)

As I ate in the distance I could hear people mumbling.

"Who is that women? she looks like a commoner. Why is she here with a man like that?"

My stomach sank and I cut my food the knife slipped from my hand and landed on the floor with a thud.
Of course, Raiden could hear them, he looked at me with sympathy in his soft grey eyes. He slid his knife over to me, to make up for the loss of mine.

I only glanced at the dessert menu for a second.
'Chocolate smoothly.' Some places called it chocolate monkey.
My comrade and friend was catching on though.
I said
Nothing but kept on eating, while listening to the gossip around us.

Raiden raised his hand gracefully, calling the waiter over. "One chocolate smoothly please sir."

The man bowed his head. "Of course." I looked up to Raiden's gaze, surprised. "W-why..?"

"I can see you are worried. Chocolate is a nice thing for stress."

I managed to let out a small smirk. More gossip wafter to my ears from other tables. I hated them.

"Can you see their lips move..?" I mumbled quietly to Raiden. "Yes.." He replied in a low voice. "Do not worry, their gossip isn't bad even to physically harm us." I hoped he was right.

  - Until Next Time⚡⚡🌹🌹