⚡Short Circuiting ⚡Part 2

( Recap)  "Stop ! Get down now!"

My brain was going a million miles. Confused, worried about them he suddenly ordered me to drop to the ground. "Hold still..." He said very quietly.

I tried to breathe slowly, but it was hard. Each time I did I moved the dust across the ground with my breath.

"There are a lot of men here, I think they are trying to scare off some unwanted people. There will be gunfire along the way, do not move because you hear them, unless I say so. You need to crawl along the path on the side. Just remember they are not firing at you, I will keep watch."

"Okay..." I heard the shout of gunfire in the distance.

"Now go.." He told me.

( End Of Recap)

'Don't move unless he says so.. okay..' A sweat dropped off the side of my heart. Raiden's warning made my heart beat faster causing me to slowly sweat. This temperature outside wasn't helping either.

'Easy for you to say...' Raiden had more training than I, in this. Crawling across the dusty ground, I tried not to sneeze. 'Ugh..' I tried to not breathe hard, because every time I did. The stupid dust would blow around more. If I inhaled it it would set my coughing off. This kinda sucked.

I took a small glance at the armed men not too far away from me. They faced their threat. Some shot fires towards them. While I could hear others grumble from the heat.

'Yeah keep grumbling, just ignore me.' I dragged myself across the ground to another half tunnel, it blocked the direct sun out for me. I blinked feeling the burn of the sun off my eyes.

Raiden's Voice.' Keep moving don't stop.' I heard his radio voice. His voice was sharp and ordering me a bit.

I couldn't reply but I tried to do as he said. *Crunch..* 'Ugggh.....' I closed my mouth for a moment, only to feel the sand crunch between my teeth. This caused me to drool a bit in disgust. That was not pleasant. I tried to spit a bit, but that made the sand fly up a bit in my face. I hoped Raiden did not see this display of helplessness, it was embarrassing.

The gunfire got much louder. I couldn't hear a thing. I wasn't even sure if Raiden was speaking to me through the headset. I took it as a.' I'm on my own...I guess.' 

I thought I heard the radio in the ear begin to crinkle but I was not sure. So I kept going. I managed to sit up for a moment as I leaned against the dirt wall.

Men the figure of a man, maybe even more. Stepped dangerously close to me and blocked my path. Gunfires roared.

There it was the weird sound of a radio crinkleing. I still could not make it out.

A sharp voice blasted into my ears. Raiden: "S-STOP!" Yet it barely registered.

My heart nearly stopped. I was suddenly grabbed by the collar and flung up into the air. More like yanked. My eyes widened as I saw the world below, but a bit upside down. My feet left the ground. I couldn't help but gasp in fear.

'W-what just happened??' I saw figures of the men near where I was just yanked up. I was suddenly thrown backward like a feather with such force. Bullets missing flying above. Bullets I wasn't sure if it was aimed at me, or was just a misfire.

*THUD!*

I let out a cough, as the dust flew up around me. "Damn....that was close." I heard Raiden was very close. I looked down seeing Raiden's hands let me go.

"W-what was that..!?" I thought I was dead for a moment. I backed up a bit. Seeing Raiden breathing sitting down with his legs crossed.

 We were up on the grassy part of that cliff piece of land. The place he was hiding this whole time, scouting out the area for me.

"Sorry about that, are you alright? I had to pull you out of there. Those men were about to find you." He looked at me apologetically.

I adjusted the zipper on my suit, pulling it down just slightly to help me breathe, and let some air in. "I'm okay."

"I tried to warn you sooner, but the radio didn't register properly. The gunfire wasn't also helping. So I had to." Raiden spoke to me.

"W-well thanks for not letting me get shot there." I lightly laughed.

Raiden passed me some water. "I'll give you a moment, but we need to get out of here as soon as possible. "How will we do that? I asked him. Raiden let out a confident smile.

 Raiden let out a confident smile

"I think this is a better idea." Standing up Raiden moved his blade to the side and motioned to me. "Let's fly."

"Oh, I see."

I flung myself up onto Raiden's back. Careful not to his my face off his metal shell. "Ready?" He asked.

"Yes." I touched the top of his white fluffy hair. I giggled a bit. "Yeah enjoy it while you can." Raiden laughed a bit with confidence.

 With lightning speed. Raiden cracked into such a fast speed. I thought I was going to lose my head. I ducked down more. His fluffy hair slapped me in the face.

With such skill Raiden leapt up over the men, dodging any bullets flying easily. It was so loud with the wind. It was probably a good idea to go this way because there were just so many men. I sighed knowing I didn't have to deal with that.

- To Be Continued ⚡