⚡Follow My Voice☣ Part 3

"I see.., so that's what it is." Drebin averted his eyes a bit. Raiden put it a more nice approach, that Snake was not among us anymore.

"So...what is a ..person like you on a battlefield with a cyborg man such as Raiden?" Drebin asked me. Raiden gazed down to my side wondering what I was going to say. I didn't want to not say anything to this man, but also not give too much away. We didn't know him. However, if Snake, Raiden's old colleague trusted him enough. Maybe I could too..

"I'm..on a mission. Raiden is my friend."

"A mission, alright, but how..is it you..even met a cyborg of all people, let alone military lifestyle? No offense..you just don't seem to be that type of person."

Raiden knew that that battlefield was not exactly meant for me, but he saw the fire in my eyes in wanting to go on this adventure with him, instead of living where Sunny does.

"I lost my original home, there was a military cyborg attack. So I accidentally bumped into Raiden."

"Okay..I can see the rest then. So you basically took her in. Why the military though? I'm sure you could have found a better job, even if you stayed with Raiden."

Raiden stepped into the conversation, saving me some painful moments. "That was talked about, she chose this because she wanted to travel around and see the world. Instead of sitting around in a home or desk."

"...hmm I see. I believe Snake would have liked you." Drebin told me. His little monkey jumped up on the seat next to me and tilted his head. "Don't worry he's harmless," Drebin adds.

"I can tell, sorry...I have nothing." I told the white monkey. The monkey squeaked in his own way and then looked at Raiden tilting his head also. "Sorry little buddy, I also do not have anything. I'm a metal shell."

"Well, if you need any assistance, later on down the road, just call this codec frequency. I shall answer no matter where you are. I told the same to Snake. I once helped transform Naomi as well long ago."

"Naomi?" I looked at Raiden, hoping he knew who that was.

"Naomi...was a doctor. She and  Otacon were friends. She even knew Sunny. course when Sunny was much younger. I didn't personally get much time to talk to her because I was..out of commission."

"Out of commission?" I blinked. "I will tell you later alright?" I nod my head.

"Well, I believe it's time we go. We can't stay too long in one spot." My cyborg friend stood up. I sighed and followed him out the door.

"Raiden sir."

The blonde turned his metal head to the man. "You better take care of that one. War is tough."

"Yes, I intend to."

The little white monkey waved to us as we walked away. He had a strange owner I thought, but not a bad one.

"I need to head back out, just follow this road." "Okay, let me know if you see anything fishy."

"Of course." With that, in a flash, Raiden left me alone once again to follow the path. 'Ugh...it was soo much cooler in that van. Now I'm dying again.'

"Hey Raiden, can I ask you something?"

Raiden: "What is it?" His more machine voice sounded once again.

"You said out of commission, what did you mean by that?"

Raiden: "Well

Raiden: "Well..I was...wounded. Some would say badly."

"Wounded?? h-how?"

Raiden's voice creaked a bit. Maybe he was a bit embarrassed. Raiden: "I uh...was stabbed many times by that crazy man who called himself Vamp. I was rebridden in the airship with Sunny, Snake, Naomi, and Otacon. Not one of my fondest memories. I guess you could say I was sick. I needed a blood transfusion which was hard to come by."

"Why was it so hard to find?"

Raiden:"I needed a certain kind, my body at the time required a different kind of artificial blood that was not being used that much. Naomi helped set up the machine to help heal me, once it was found. Naomi hung out with Sunny a lot. Learning to cook her eggs."

"I'm sorry to hear that Raiden. your life was in danger then. Sunny cooked eggs with her?"

Raiden:" No, it's okay. I'm fine now. If you were there then, I'm sure you would have helped too. Ah yes, the eggs. Apparently, she wasn't very good at it when she was younger. Snake would refuse to eat it, making her nearly cry. Poor Atocon did all he could to tell Sunny it was good. They were always fried to a crisp. Until Naomi helped Sunny with that part. I swear Sunny wanted to hit Snake with the spatula, every time he refused her food."

"Did you try the eggs?" I asked him.

"I well, couldn't because I was technically sick so uh no.."

I giggled a bit."Pft, probably would have made her happy though."

"Do you have any photos of how you looked in the past?" I asked him.

Raiden:" I do, back at home. Not very many but yes.

-To Be Continued ⚡