⚡A Place I Can Call Home?⚡

"So..tell me what happened." He asked, sitting there with his knees bent.

I explained to Raiden that the helicopter I was in was shot down, and we had to jump. Since then I was pretty much fought to stay alive. I showed him my drenched with seawater headset.

"Ooh...hmm." He took it from my hand. "Achoo..!" I let out a small sneeze. Raiden looked up at me with sympathy in his eyes. "So you lost communication, and was here the entire time?"

"Pretty much, do you know where we are anyway?" "Last time I looked..it said somewhere in Russia."

My eyes widen in shock. "R-Russia? ha..funny." I showed the bag to Raiden. "I managed to find the basecamp, I was pretty sure it was the stuff I was to collect."

"You did it anyway, ha good job___." The storm blew harder at the tent, it made me cringe. "Yeah..I'm getting a bit sick of being out here now though."

"Well, in the morning I'll try to find us a way back. I in the meantime, you should rest. Y-you..uh looked terrible." Raiden felt a bit bad for saying that, but he had to. "Acchho!" I sniffed again.

"And you have a cold. I'll take watch while you sleep." "What about you though?"

"I'm fine with no sleep for a while, I'm used to it." He smiled lightly. He knew I or him wouldn't feel better until we were out of here. I crawled over to Raiden, reaching out my arms to give the cyborg man a hug in thanks. He carefully hugged back petting the top of my head. "You are burning up..damn, go lay down, and that's an order." His sharper words made me jump back a bit. "Y-yes sir."

"I'll go scout out the area." Raiden left the tent in the dark stormy weather. While I crawled in my corner to sleep, the sleeping bag and blanket I had taken a long while to dry after all the rain. I was finally able to have a warm place to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Next Morning)

I woke up wrapped up like a worm in my blanket. With my blurry eyes I spot Raiden snoozing in the corner of the tent. 'So even he calls it a day after a while.' I sigh as quietly as possible, but this causes him to wake upright way.

'Opps..light sleeper..' I giggle to myself. My cold was worse, I had chills, and my head hurt. I still tried to put up with the gloomy situation, I needed to leave this area, and go back..to someplace I call home.

"Morning." He says, noticing I'm awake. "Morning.." I reply in a sleep-sick voice. Raiden takes not of my pailing sickly form. "I'll make a small fire, don't push yourself, I'll try to grab hold of a ride."

"Alright." I sat there for a bit longer till Raiden lit a fire outside. Starting to smell the campfire, I began to rise up and put my boots on that were finally dry. I shuffle out feeling like crap.

While I sat there next to the fire, Raiden was over to the side on the phone trying to call for help.

"Shh*T.." He groaned, taking a few steps over.

"Oh come on!" He grumbled again, I assumed he was trying to catch some kind of signal. I giggled a bit to myself.

"HAHA! Finally!" Raiden planted himself up in a tall tree, the tree was quite a bit strong. So it wouldn't fold under his metal weight. "Holy..Raiden, good enough for you?" I laughed a bit. I waved up at him, stopping me easy from way up there we waved a clawed hand. With a soft smile, then he stopped and began to talk to someone.

"Yes, she is alive..but pretty battered up. I'd like her to live a bit of a normal life for a while." Raiden spoke into his headset.

"Mhm, yes just give me whatever you got, anything to get us off this land. We got the package once I hand it in, I'm taking her away for a while."

I looked up to Raiden still sitting in the tree wondering what he was saying, I only caught slight echoes of his voice. He looked pretty serious.

"Thank you sir, we will head there right away." With that Raiden hung up. Then literally jumped out of the tree. "W-wah!?" I looked up seeing Raiden falling from the sky. *CRACK* He landed on a wack of small twigs, and crinkled as he landed.

"I got us a ride! we should head out very soon to catch it." He ran back to me, meeting my sick form once again. "Okay.., better than staying here." I stood up a bit wobbly but forced myself.

"C-careful..." Raiden mumbled. He knew this was the only way to get me off this land. He quickly helped me pack up everything. Because of my lack of awareness from my cold, and tripping over tree branches. After one too many trips, Raiden insisted he gives me a piggie back.

It was actually kind of embarrassing. Eating dirt every few minutes. Each time I trip Raiden had an invisible sweat drop on the side of his face. He was nice enough to help me up off the ground.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

30 min later

"Aw....come on I can walk..!" I grumbled from the top of Raiden's back. "Ahuh sure. Plus this will be faster, Id rather not be late when they arrive."

I let out a big sigh. "Fine.." Raiden zipped between the forest trees at a faster speed. Because I was a bit too weak from my cold. He literally made me cling to him as hard as I could, so I wouldn't fall off while he ran. Yes, it was fun and cool. The constant jumping around was starting to hurt my head though.

"Almost there!" Raiden ran faster seeing the edge of the forest where he said they were going to show up. coming to a halt Raiden stopped. "You can just stay up there if you want, It shouldn't be too much longer now.

About 20 min later according to Raiden, the helicopter showed up, and we were on our way back finally. This aircraft was a bit different though, the seats went sideways against the wall. So I sat there on a large seat that was hard as a rock, facing Raiden who was sitting across from me, with his face shield closed over his face. His arms somewhat crossed over his knees. 

It made me wonder what the guy was looking at below that dark shield, or was he secretly napping?

Raiden suddenly moved his head up a bit, It was as if he was sleeping. It almost made me jump, besides the sound of flying, he was quiet for a while.

"Mh?" He looked up seeing my startled face. "Oh nothing, thought you were sleeping."

"I was sorta."

-To Be Continued⚡