🌸⚡The Home Of The Lightning Cyborg⚡🌸

(This is an extra special chapter this time, since my birthday is tomorrow February 28th, I thought I will add it into the story for the reader. The story still continues from where it left off. When I was a child used to get sick often on my birthday, it was always very cold and snowing during those days. So I thought id be a good twist to this story.)

I awoke the next morning, sniffling, still sick from my previous wilderness camping in a foreign land. My head throbbed. I rolled over and looked at my phone. The date caught my eye. It was that day. My birthday, sure enough, I was sick once again on that day, just like when I was a child. I never told Raiden, that it was my birthday. From what I knew, he had no idea. I wasn't in the mood to celebrate, I just wanted a quiet peaceful day. 'Wow...Raiden's crazy smoothies do help though...' I felt a bit more energetic for a sick person. Images of him chopping fruit with his sword flashed in my mind.

I thought I would text Sunny, see how she was before getting up.

Reader/Me: Hi Sunny, how are you? How is Wolf? Miss that dog.

Not long after Sunny actually replied to me. I thought she would be too busy. I was wrong.

Sunny: Hey there ____! I'm doing alright, busy with work. Wolf is just relaxing here by the window. I heard you finally got back from your mission. That and it..wasn't exactly easy on you. I'm sorry about that. You probably feel crummy. I hope Raiden is being nice to you. How's he?

Reader/ Me: I'm.., a bit sick. I'll live though. I use to get sick often as a child for over a week. I'm glad you are doing good, I miss seeing you in person as well. Oh don't worry, Raiden is being anything but mean. He..uh..actually had me come live at his quiet home. I'm not sure if you heard, he prefers me to be off any missions for a while. Live a normal life I suppose.

Sunny: Aw, how nice of him to let you live there. I'm glad you two are such good friends. I miss you too. I hope you feel better! I might try sending a care package over to you if you don't mind. Seeing as you have been through a lot.

I sent my second last message to Sunny when it hit me. Maybe I could least tell her?

Reader/Me: Today..is..also my birthday, I forgot myself. Oh well...I don't really care much.

Sent. I looked at the last text I sent the silver-haired girl. Stuffing my phone in my pocket, I shuffle to the bathroom. Trying to clean up a bit. I quickly, but gently brushed my long hair. Not in the mood to mess with it, I slipped it into a high loose bun, leaving my bangs out.

Taking my phone with me I head downstairs. Raiden happened to be already down here, he was still in his more human-looking form. "Oh , morning..!" He took note of my sickly form. Dark bags under my eyes, like if I was wearing some sort of makeup, like his eyes. His eyes held sympathy for me. I just nod, slumping down at the table. I half fling my phone onto the far side of the table.

I watched as Raiden began to chop the fruit up, with his sword again. "Really again..?"

"Haha..well, a smoothy I heard helps one who is sick. I myself can try it too. I am able to eat food as well."

I listen to the sounds of Raiden chopping. I glanced outside the window. Spring birds chirped. The air was a bit cool still. "I need to go outside today too. I'll be back though." Raiden dropped the fruit into a blender. He looked down but didn't press the button. He just stared at it.

"R-Raiden..?" I blinked. He didn't answer, he still stared down. "Raiden..!" I stood up and walked over to him. His head shot up, sensing I was beside him. "Ah..! im sorry...I.." He wasn't sure how to explain. "Military...stuff...guess something never fade.." He trailed off. 'The blender? it triggered something in him.' "Here, I'll do it." I stood in front of him now. Raiden was a bit embarrassed, but let me turn on the blender.

Raiden went to sit down at the table, but his eyes fell upon my phone that lit up. On the lock screen was a text from Sunny.

Sunny: OH! Happy Birthday! Feel Better!

Raiden's eyes go wide for a moment, as he sits down. Trying to not show anything that he just looked at my phone. 'It was her birthday today?!' He had no idea, and she was sick on the day of it. Raiden's heart sank a bit. I never mentioned it to him, but why? Now he had to think of what to do. Leave it be cuz I was sick or...while out buy something.

"Okay it's done!" My happy sickly voice rang. Raiden's mind got cut off. "Oh, I'll get the rest. Thanks."

"Mhm, sure thing." I sat down on my side of the table.

Raiden proceeded to pour out the smoothies for us, while he thought about my birthday. He was soo busy today, and couldn't do much. It ate at him knowing he had to leave me alone on such a day. 'What...could I get...to bring some... colour to her face..?' He glanced at me from the corner of my eyes. He picked up the glass and set my smoothie down in front of me.

I began sipping on the drink. Making me feel a bit better. A slight cooling feeling on my throat melted a bit of my fever away. "I know you can't stomach much, this should help for now."

Raiden looked up at the clock. His stomach sank a bit. Knowing he needed to go now. He set his now empty glass down. "Ha..I need to leave now, I have a meeting." He stood up with an apology in his eyes. He put his sunglasses on and gave me a side hug while a sipped my smoothie. A pleasant scent of cologne hit me, and shampoo. Raiden didn't need to technically bathe or wash his hair that often at all because he had a metal body. It surprised me actually. Yet he did.

"I'll be back later I promise, use anything you like around the house." I reach my one arm up around the back of his neck and hug him back a bit. Telling him it was okay. Raiden gave me a happy grin and wave and stepped out.

 Raiden gave me a happy grin and wave and stepped out

 Locking the door behind him. He let out a sigh as he stepped out into the open air. Behind his shades his sharp blue eyes scanned the street, making sure everything was safe while he was gone.

'I'll make it up to you somehow I promise..' He told himself.

- To Be Continued 🌸⚡