Hidden Nightmares Part 6

"...ake up.."

A voice spoke to me, I really couldn't move. "--AKE P! PFt stop K-ckin me!!" Broken words were getting louder.

I suddenly felt a cold chill slam into me, causing my eyes to shoot open. "W-wAHHH!!" I scream at the top of my lung. "J-JEsus! Ah STOP ____ Look up! HEY!!" The strong voice of a man tries to overpower my shrieking. Suddenly I stopped. 

Ththump ththump my heart raced. I could feel tears flowing down my face. I swallowed, my body shook with fear. "C-come lookup. Up." The voice said. I gazed up. Only to see Raiden standing with his strong blue eyes wide. He seemed concerned. At my side on the bed was Wolf.

"She seemed to have stopped." Stated the Wolf AI.

Raiden coughed. "Man you freaked us the hell out." He sighed. " You also..kinda kicked me in the face in ur sleep." He looked down at him, just making sure his metal shell didn't crack or something. Funny because it wouldn't be damaged so easily. His face had concern painted on it still. I averted my eyes upon feeling the tears dry. I couldn't speak. I had the worst nightmare ever in a long time.

I hear the thumping sound of footsteps gets closer to me. "What scared you..?" Raiden gazed at my frightening form. I had a hard time putting it into words, I could only remember flashes of it. I remembered my one eye suddenly go black, I couldn't see. It hurt so much. Causing me to scream there and in real life. Just before I awoke to Raiden's voice I remembered that I was inches away from losing my arm. I shuttered at the thought. "I -can't. Not right now.." I mumbled.

"hmm alright then, no rush." He wanted to reach out and pat my head, but something held him back. Saying not right now. "How are those wounds healing up?" He quickly changed the subject.

I looked up from the bed, now sitting. It was early in the morning, I couldn't sleep anymore. "Hurts less." I spoke. "Hm, that's good then." Raiden nods. "I'll leave you then to rest.." Raiden was about to step out when I called after him. "No."

"Huh.?" He glanced back. "Stay..here."I averted my eyes a bit. "Or.., if you go out to train or something, I'll watch..."

He puts his hands on his hips. Turning back he walked over to a chair in the door and sits down. "Well I don't really do much training anymore, my whole life was training. However, if I let you tag along in small trips that are not gonna put you in danger. I need to make sure you are healed." 

'Danger..., that is something I can't avoid easy, there is always some dummy looking for a fight.' Raiden told himself. It baffled him that I wasn't afraid of him, deep down he was worried to let me know that he has destroyed many lives with his past job. I kinda sensed that seeing on how he looks, he's probably been through hell. 

"Say..___. Once you feel better I want you to meet a few great friends of mine. They don't work at this company but help me in my missions." Wolf right away knew who he was talking about but said nothing. "S-sure.. I mean if you think they would like me..." I said in a raspy voice.

"I'm sure they will." Raiden leaned back in his chair. "Ugh..I wanna walk around and explore..but.." I made a small pouting face, feeling a bit better that he stuck around. "Well, I'm sure you can, but should wait till you're-"

"Better...right I get it." I cut him off. "Ah..yes." 

"Can you...eat..food? and drink at all?" I questioned. Raiden blinked but answers anyway. " Yes I can, but it's not required to live off it. I don't need to. There is a different type of nourishment I need since I'm..y know..mostly metal."  I felt kinda bad for him after he said that. Must be strange to be mostly metal. I wanted to be his friend, and help in some way. Repay him for saving my life.

"Ah..I asked because. If I get tea, would you like to drink some too with me?" This surprised him, but it made a small smile plant on the corner of his face. It's not every day he gets offered to have tea with someone. "I'd like that."

Wolf hopped off the bed." I can go ask Sunny for this tea you speak of." He swiftly walked out of the room. "Oh thanks." 

I looked outside, the morning sunlight making my eyes glow. Raiden watched as my face for once looked peaceful. It made him feel better knowing this much of a difference helped. "Fresh..air.."I mumbled.  *Sigh* " I..wish." 

"Hmm.., If you want I could..carried you. I wouldn't walk in ur condition. Might split the wound." He offered. I turned my head to face him. "Really! Thank you so much!" My voice cracked a bit, making Raiden wince at it, but nod. "After..tea though."

"Haha, yes mam." He tried a small smile for my sake. 'Maybe some fresh air will help.' He thought. In the back of Raiden's mind, it worried him that it's possible they were still looking for me. The enemy wouldn't forget a Cyborg like him that easily, especially with human women that they targeted many times. ___ needed to heal up as soon as possible.

" You can sit over here if you want." I looked to my side. He looked like he needed some company. I tried to move him to sit with me on the bed.

Glancing down a second he stood up and walked over. The bed sunk in as he sat down next to me, with his hands on his knees.

"There now Im not the only one." I tried to sound a bit happy. With a small smile, Raiden reached his arm over me, giving me a side hug. It made my heart beat a bit faster. I wasn't sure what to say, but his posture told me he was trying to comfort me a bit. His eyes were still facing the ground. " S-sorry im not a fluffy cat or puppy.."

His words made me giggle a bit." No..but your pretty hair makes up for the fluffy." I lightly brush my hand through it.

" Thanks." He pulled me a bit closer to him. My head practically rested on his metal chest. I was a bit embarrassed but said nothing. I just let it be." You had it rough havnt you.." I trailed off. He nods his head, causing his snow-white hair to flip a bit. He was a solder of course he had a hard life. 
" You probably have too..___." I breathed in a bit as he said that, my head still resting a bit on him. The scent of metal and oil wasn't even that bad, Cyborgs like him are still human, so his hair still had a clean smell. Visions of Raiden trying to wash his hair alone make me giggle to myself, all to look a bit better. He seemed to be pretty clean even if mostly metal it amazed me.

I flipped my hand up near his face. The Cyborg man blinked for a second. Then it happened. I got a high five returned, making me grin happy. "We both survived after all."

"Heh Yeh." He grinned back happy, having his top row of teeth show above his metallic jaw. " I will keep fighting if you will," I spoke. "Deal." He responded.

Now, all we need was that tea.

-To Be Continued