Hidden Nightmares Part 5

Recap:  "Ah so.." Raiden looked down at the box. Not sure where to start. Was he panicking? even just a little.

I looked at my infected leg wound. It felt odd like something was stuck in it. 'Could there be a shard of something in it. Ew...'

I didn't wanna poke it. It's something that would kinda gross me out. I looked up at Raiden who sorted the bandages, cotton balls. I'm gonna need his help, I was a bit worried though.

"R- Raiden uh.."

He looked up at me with his beautiful light blue eyes. He looked so sleep-deprived, was that eyeshadow? or dark circles. "What is it?" Be blinked.

 I swallowed." I think there is something..stuck in my leg." Tap he stood up, walking close to me. "That would explain the colour, hmm. I could help but it-." He watched my gaze. "Will sting." I swallowed. Reaching into the box he pulled out some tweezers, cotton balls and disinfectant.

"I'm sorry if this hurts, I can patch it up mostly." He looked at his clawed hands. 'Right.., he has nails kinda like his feet.' Standing in front of me, he sat down on the ground. I rolled up my skinny jeans showing the wound. I winced a bit. "From injuries I've seen in the military, yup there is something in there." His eyes seemed a bit sad. Taking the cotton balls, dipping some clear liquid on it Raiden carefully cleaned the dried blood off.  The slightest pressure made me tense. I could just tell Raiden's machine part of himself examined it, probably searching for the shard in it.

The cotton ball landed right on the wound. "Tch AH!" I just about yelled at the stinging. "Damn." Raiden tensed at my voice. I must of spooked him a bit. "Oww.....grr." I hissed at the touch of the cleaner. Next was the tweezers Raiden held it up. "Ready.?" His eyes searched my face. I must have looked like crap, and he could totally tell. "No.." I mumbled. "Very funny.." But no matter what I said we both knew he had to remove it. He began to dig in my wound. He tried to be as gentle as possible. I hissed in utter pain, it stung soo much. I felt cold, and warm at the same time.

"Tch ah!! oww. s-hi-." I was cut off by another sting. "OWW!! oh my god Raiden hurry up pleasehehe...s I swear I will punch you !" I whimpered.

"Yeyeh I hear you, try not to blow out my eardrums out please." Not being threatened at all by what I said. The sound of my painful voice made Raiden wince, he hated hearing it, the sound of me being in pain. "Ooowww! Gah!" I hissed. "AHA!" His voice spooked me now. It made my heart race. "Found it..!" He half-beamed. I could feel it start getting pulled out. My blood started pooling more, spilling down the side of my leg. 'Uh..gross..' I averted my gaze, gluing my eyes on his hair. My blood trickled down my leg even more. I noticed my blood was on his claws at this point. All Raiden could think to himself was how sorry he was for this, and the fact in a way he was hurting me doing this.

There it was, it was finally out. Raiden held it up a bit. Definitely a shard of crap metal. "Done, see the worst is over." He breathed. He looked at my form, it was pretty pale at this point. My eyes were almost just as dark as his from no sleep. Swiftly he grabbed the cleaner trying to get the blood off. Even if it was clean up it kept on pooling a bit in the wound. He needed to wrap it up with a  bandage so it could clot. I tried to focus my mind off the stinging. I could feel a cloth being wrapped around my leg carefully. My silence made Raiden look up at me once again, making sure I was still alive. It worried him a bit. "There..that should do it." He quickly cleaned up the rest of the blood on my wound, placing small bandages on it. 

While I began to daze out I felt a large hard hand touch the top of my head. "Hey..you good?" I dropped my eyes to his. Nodding my head a bit. Raiden got the signal. Gently he held his hand on my head a bit longer. " Tired..? you must be." I nod again. 'Her face..looks sad.' He thought.

"I'm back!" Sunny held a tray of food. She glanced down at the bloody cotton balls and bandages. "Oh you finished it." She walked over placing the tray on the side table. "Yeh.., ___ is really tired, I should go. So she rests. Watch her for me" Raiden stood up, looking down at the blood on his other hand, my blood. He picked up the used items. " I'll dispose of these."

"A-alright, Raiden? do you need anything? You had a long trip." Sunny looked at her lifelong friend. He shook his head a bit. I finally spoke a bit. "Rest...Raiden..,okay..?..and thanks...you saved me."  I wheezed out.

He turned his head towards me. Nodding." I will get better." He tried to force a small smile to me. To make me feel better. He knew I felt like crap even. thump..thump thump.. his feet sounded as he walked out.

Sunny looked at me." He's just worried, he really dislikes innocent people getting injured." 

Wolf trotted in, walking up to my side. "Raiden has asked me to stay with you miss____."

"Oh you don't have to, I appreciate it though," I whispered. "No, I want to actually." Said Wolf.

"Hehe, aww good boy Wolf. Here___ some warm food. I also found some green tea for you. Hope you like it. " She beamed. "Thanks so much Sunny." I liked her, I wanted to hang around her too. " I need to get some work done, but I'll leave Wolf here with you. Oh! and here use this phone. If you would like to call me or Raiden it will link to us to talk." She placed it on the side table. "Thanks Sunny, I'll probably sleep after I eat. There is one more thing though."

"Yes? what is it." She smiled. "Once I get better, if there is any chance could I maybe go out for a walk? I was curious to see if there were any wooden swords I can play around with to keep me busy or a horse. " I laughed the end off a bit. "Of course you can walk around, you're welcome too. This place is ur home now too. I heard you lost everything. Raiden told me he wanted you to stay here as long as you wanted. Which is fine. As for a wooden sword that's new I might be able to find something. Raiden never used them really. He use to keep one here when he visited at times. He likes the real deal. As for the horse that would be so cool if we had anything like that here, but sadly here we don't. I know Raiden's co-workers might know for something. Maybe later on I can put in a word for you alright?"

I smiled at sunny. "It's no rush, thanks a lot. I'm really thankful that you gave me a room to stay in." A small tear dripped off my face. Wolf looked up at me making a small robotic dog sound, I felt his metal claw get placed on my leg. As if telling me it will be okay. " Sunny likes you, so I will be here too." He spoke.

"I'll be back later then bye!" Sunny waved, as she walked out. "Wow...what a weird day..." I sighed. Wolf only sat there and listened. He didn't really need much, but just being here in the room with me seemed enough for him.

I took the food and began to munch on it. I wanted to wash up, but my wounds couldn't risk getting water on it after just being wrapped kinda sucked. I stood up slowly and began to limp to the bathroom. "Help help..?" Wolf followed me. "I think I'm okay, just stings." 

"Hm I see, I can help balance ur weight with my tail." I felt a slight touch on my back. ' That's right I almost forgot, Wolf is some warrior AI, he's strong.' I told myself. This is nothing for him. I thanked him for the support. 

Washing my face off in the bathroom. Feeling a bit better, I limped back to the bed. While Wolf ducked out of the room for a bit I changed into my night shorts, and tank top. The day was surprisingly almost over. I hoped I could finally get better rest. "Okay..sleep time."

Wolf popped back in shutting the door behind him with his wire tail. It was so cool knowing he was kinda like a guard dog at the moment. I pulled the banket out of the bag that Raiden bought me, I placed it over top of me as I slid in bed. Wolf pulled over the side of the bed, laying down on the ground stretching out his metal legs. I thought it was cute, he was kinda like a real dog, not just a machine. "I shall stay here while you sleep, if you wish." He spoke quietly. 

"Thanks, that's fine with me. Say do you sleep too? Wolf." 

"I do not require sleep as I am a AI, however, I can rest too. It is a bit different compaired to a human like you___." He sounded so polite. I smiled a bit." Okay well, I say you rest too. Enjoy it." He quietly made a barking sound to me. I made me giggle. I could see his tail wag a bit as my eyes started closing.