The Curse Of The Forest Part 2

I hear them, the voices of men. Coming closer. Make that they are right there.

I felt my stomach drop, as I looked up at the group of men and women dressed in military attire. Surely they would notice I am one trained in battle too? They won't harm me. I had my sword in its sheath on my back, not thinking I would have to draw it.

They suddenly notice me. Their sharp eyes land on me, and my horse.

"Who goes there!?" The man that seemed to be the leader called out to me from the other side of the pond.

"Hello, I am just a visitor with my group. I work for a private security company for the military." I try to be as polite as possible. They looked at me whispering among them.

"This is our territory. Did you not see the sign soldier?" The man raised his voice a bit more. Was he getting angry?

"Honestly I did not see anything. I was just ridding around with my horse you see."

"Get out, now!"

*CHChING!*

'OH shit!' My eyes widen, and their guns were pointed at me. I gripped the reins and began backing my horse up. "C-come on.." I whispered to the horse.

"MOve IT NOW! Or we will shoot! You do not belong here, go back to your leader!"

This was bad, they started picking up their little phone devices and calling their buddies.

"NOt that WAY!" He threatened me, holding their gun at me. They made their way closer and closer to me.

"O-okay I will go this way then." I began to change course.

"NOT THAT WAYt either!"

'TCH, the hell? there was no other way to go??! but towards them.'

*BANG!* A loud shot was fired. MY horse spooked a bit, and I quickly urged Midnight to run. This was my only change. There was no doubt that anyone nearby or at the edge of the forest would hear that gunshot.

"GET HER!!" They screamed. We bolted down the hills of the forest. Tree branches almost hit my face. I could hear the men shouting yelling, at me shooting more.*TING!* A bullet bounced off my bulletproof arm guard.

I could feel the sting of the pressure though. "TCh.. faster, need to go faster.!"

I could hear trucks and horses with soldiers riding them following after me fast.

Down the hills, I thought we were finally losing them in the dust. My horse did well getting us out of there, but I had no idea where we were. I was way off the trail.

Out of nowhere a sudden drop in the hill came to the horse's feet. "No! how did I not see this!?" I gasped, this was going to hurt.

My horse let out a loud neigh, as it tripped. Causing us to get tossed down the large hill. I get thrown off Midnight's back. I eat the dirt as I let out a yelp of pain. We began to roll down the terrain. Rocks, trees, and branches hit us as we fell down.

*THUD!*

Suddenly we halted hitting the bottom of the hill. Both me and the horse whimper in pain. At least Midnight was alive.

"Damn...my head...." I must have hit it while I rolled down, I could feel something trickling down the side of my head.

Blood..., I was almost positive it was blood.

We lost the men, thankfully. We were way too far out, lost...hurt. My phone didn't work out here. I watched the horse wobble to its feet. It seemed to have a limp on its back leg.

"Great...I can't ride you like that.." Midnight limped over to me, sniffing my face. I patted the horse as I sat there on the ground.

( Rewind A Couple Minutes)

Raiden was inside the forest for only a couple of minutes. When he heard a loud bang roar in the air.

"Gun fire, no! ___'s around here somehwere." Feeling the need to suddenly start bolting through the woods. Raiden runs faster, making lightning spark around his feet.

'What filthy human decided to mess with peaceful nature again..? I hunt it down.'

He still tried to keep his mind positive thinking she was alright. Though it did not mean those gunshots were harmless.

Raiden bolted around the woods like a man tracker. He halted in place spotting hoof prints on the ground. 'Horse...someone is here or was..' Standing back up he began to run once again following the direction of the sounds, and hoof marks.

( Back To Reader/Me)

I sat there thinking if I rested a bit, and ate my food. I could gather enough strength to find my way back. I had daylight still thankfully. I wasn't really injured at all. My leather-armed suit protected me from the fall.

I tried to stand up, but the pain in my head made me feel wobbly.

"Ugh.....I can't focus." I was too disoriented. I slumped back down sighing. I wasn't well to walk, I would just tumble over everything.

"I guess.... I need to rest" This was probably not that safe, but I had no choice. Otacon would probably notice me being gone too long and would come looking for me. Meanwhile, I tried to pick up some signal on my phone. I held my phone up like a weirdo to the sky. Desperately searching for that small line on my phone.

-Until Next Time ⚡