⚡The Lightning Strikes Twice That Day⚡Part 2

Raiden placed a small snack on the table for me that night

Raiden placed a small snack on the table for me that night. I spent a couple of hours packing for our mission.

"Oh! it's cake. Chocolate cake."

"Yup!" Raiden smiled. Happy to see me be joyed about his little simple chocolate cake.

After eating the cake I felt happy and went upstairs to brush my teeth and sleep. I greeted Raiden a goodnight, and we parted ways into our room.

(Later That Night)

I was reading a book while sitting in bed. I only had a small lamp turned on for just enough light, with a small lit scented candle. A candle that Raiden gave me seeing as I liked the natural-scented fragrances he used around the house. Part of the curtains was slightly open, with a tiny crack in the window so the air could come in. I always liked sleeping in a cooler room.

I was too focused on my book for a while. I looked up for a second to rest my eyes. I caught a figure standing outside of the window leaning on the frame.

Horror flashed in my mind. As I swore it was Monsoon with an evil creepy grin on his face. Watching me, planning when to kill me. The dim lighting made it even worse.

"WAHH!!" I let out a scream, as I tossed my book at the window hoping it work vanish. Monsoon's figure didn't leave.

*THud thud thud* I heard rapid footsteps running down the hall. The door to my room suddenly busted open. With Raiden holding breathing heavily. Concern flooded his face. "___! what's wrong!?" He heard me scream from his bedroom. He imagined the worse, and he shot up.

Now he was hearing, in his light blue pajama pants with a sword

Now he was hearing, in his light blue pajama pants with a sword. He still looked like his human self. "M-Mon. There." I turned my head back and pointed at the window where the figure used to be. "What??!" I gasped seeing the figure was gone.

Raiden's eye landed on the window, and he walked up to it to check it out. He drew the curtains more. It made me worry thinking he would jump out suddenly. "There is nothing here." Raiden stepped back, letting out a sigh.

"I swear I saw something...it looked like Monsoon, but a really creepy version." Raiden picked the book off the ground, and set it up on my shelf. He turned to me seeing me looking a little pale from stress.

"I'm not sure what you saw. I don't bout that it wasn't something. Whatever it was, it's gone."

Raiden sat on the floor across from me and searched my face a bit for a distance. I must have looked frightened still. Which made me feel stupid because I was through much worse than that.

"I can't have you collapsing on the battlefield, if you want I could make some space for you in..my room. That is if you are afraid to stay here alone."

"I..I'm not that worried." Raiden tilted his head. "B-but okay. I will. Just because." I was a bit embarrassed to admit it. If it really was Monsoon's Ai spying on us. Then that would be worse than I could imagine. He did cut Raiden's arm off last time.

The rest of the night I stayed in Raiden's room, while the platinum-blonde man slept on the floor. He was on more alert though in case something strange would happen after this.

Another strike of lightning flashed through the window while Raiden was dozing off in the corner.