🌸⚡A Place I Can Call Home? Part 3⚡🌸

I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed, but sick as a dog

I remembered being in a new home, Raiden's home. I made my head hurt just thinking about what happened before he found me at the campsite. I wrapped myself in a blanket I found in the room, and slowly shuffled down the halls to the main floor. I was hungry and thirsty, I was desperately wanting to eat something.

Entering the main living room, I could smell the cleanness of the room, with the slight hint of...some flower? scent. '..Raiden is a nerd..., it must be cherry blossoms' I was kinda impressed that a man like him had a home like this. I could tell he enjoyed all this samurai and swordsmanship stuff, but never would I have thought that he had the place smelling like cherry blossoms. It was pleasant, better than the smell of blood, oil and other crap.

Lifting my weak feet off the ground I made my way to the kitchen. Did he have any tea..?

*Click* Suddenly the door unlocked, making my heart jump, and I shot back into the counter.

My heart rate calmed down after noticing Raiden?

"Wha ___?" The man's sharp blue eyes zoomed to my sickly form. He had Raiden's voice but he looked different, where was the metal? "You shouldn't be out in your condition." I only stared not saying a word, as he walked inside with bags in hand. He was wearing a black suit, and tie. 'PFt ha! Of all things.' Not that I disliked it, he was too cool to wear a suit. His face looked human, with no metal jaw. I was very confused.

"What are you staring at? You look like you saw a ghost." Raiden began to get concerned seeing me out of my room. Then it hit him."OOoh, it must be my face. Yeah, more human am I right?"

It was true he did seem to have skin on himself, face and all. I see a very thin line running from the corner of his jaw on both sides. I shake my head. "Hungry!, I was hungry...."

Raiden lets out a silly smile. Understanding. Raiden set his grocery bags down on the counter. "Yeah my errands today, called for a shift in my look."

I was a bit embarrassed to dare say, Raiden looked beautiful like this as well. He didn't look like a cyborg at all, besides that tiny line by his lips. I just kept staring from the corner of my eye as Raiden unpacked the food he bought. He knew I was watching what he was doing, but understood that I was curious, and in a new place.

I did bring something you will like." Raiden held up a box of green tea. My eyes lit up, seeing what I was searching for. "I knew it! here uh..let me handle this. You can just rest on the sofa till k?"

I looked at Raiden once more. "Hmmm......" I said in a low voice. "Wanna get a closer look?" To ease my curiosity Raiden rolled up his sleeve, showing his artificial skin. "See, the same stuff that's on most of my face." Raiden held his arm out to me. I shuffled closer. I wanted to kinda touch it. Closer up, I could see lines that defined the way his body was put together. I reached out a finger and placed it on his arm. I quickly pulled it back with question. 'What did I just touch?' It looked like skin but sure did feel different. It had some kind of softness but had an artificial feel to it. Raiden chuckled at my reaction. "Yup.., I know it's different, I'm used to it though."

I felt a small pang inside me. I kinda felt bad for him. "You..still look cool." I wheezed out, while I walked to the sofa. His blue eyes widen softly at my words, and a smile ends up on his face. "Hah, well..guess I should thank you for that compliment. Let me see if I can make something easy for you to eat."

I sat there on the sofa, watching Raiden attempt to cook some soup for me. He brought me my tea shortly, and set it on the table in front of me. "You okay..? does your head hurt." He gently patted my head. I nod a bit. Raiden a bit concerned heads back to the kitchen. Raiden gently turned on some soft rock in the background. I listened as I sipped my tea, smelling the cherry blossoms' scent in the air. "Cherry blossoms....nice..choice." I mumbled. Raiden glanced back at me from the corner of his eyes. Glad to hear I liked it.

My comment made him remember the time he went through the Winds Of Destruction's building, and the one floor had the Japanese garden, that was filled with cherry blossom trees. Sure he disliked all the crap that happened, but he actually thought that room was interesting. I see Raiden stirring the big pot of soup.

On the side, I see the guy setting fruit out on the cutting board. Suddenly I see him bring out his high-frequency blade. He literally starts chopping fruit up with his sword. My jaw hangs out wide open at this.

- To Be Continued 🌸⚡

(I'll make a longer chapter next time)