⚡The Forest Of Whispers⚡

I wasn't sure how to feel about Raiden cutting down those men too. If he didn't, I may have been dead instead. Maybe. Following the side of the road, I went up the path.

"Can I ask what is next?"

Raiden's voice creaked a bit before replying. "We will be entering the forest soon. So say goodbye to the direct sun."

"Is that a joke? or"

"A-ah well kind of." He stuttered. "Hold On, I need to ask you. Why did you move up back there, when I told you to wait? It's not like you to do that."

"I thought I heard you say it's clear.. I was wrong though. It must have been those men I heard."

Raiden:"Hmm, alright. Watch out for that the next time. For all we know the enemy is trying to confuse you."

"Alright, I won't forget." Raiden sighed a bit. "What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Nothing, just we have only started, and it's already getting dangerous. I..worry for your safety is all."

I paused, saying quietly from what he said. Feeling shy, I didn't know what to say. He was worried about me, my life.

This was probably more stressful for him than I thought. Because I wasn't even close to how strong he was. It almost felt as if he was now babysitting me. '........'

Raiden:" _____?" He called my name.

"......" He tried again. Raiden:" ____, are you there?" He began to think if the headset broke. He was tempted to climb down from where he was, and see if he could spot me. To see if I was still okay, and breathing.

"Yes." I quietly replied. I now stood in front of the beginning of the forest. I could see little cabins, here and there.

"So what should I do now, walk in or crawl?" Between the edge of dusty land and forest, I stood on a little hill.

Raiden:" Wait here..I will see if anyone is here. Maybe we can get a cabin for the night."

I saw a light of silver zip by above. Raiden must have been climbing trees. or the cliffs this whole time.

Sneaking around camp like a predator. Raiden looked through some windows, but he did not see anyone. There were no traces of vehicles or trucks. Not even an old campfire with ashes.

'Looks clear. I will still stay guard though during the night.'

"We should be open. I will stay here. Come to a cabin marked with a lightning bolt carved into it."

"Alright." I made my way down the hill. My feet slid a little on the gravel ground. I was happy when  I finally touched some softer ground. The smell of the forest air helped clear my throat.

It was quiet. I could hear birds chirping above. The sound of wild animals in the distance. If animals were talking, that means they felt safe. That was no killer people here, or in danger.

 I walked on the side of the back near the shrubs. I didn't even have a second to move. The sound of a twig snapping set a rabbit flying across my path making me stop.

"B-bunny..! just a bunny."

The sound of an angry snake hissing suddenly came out. I wasn't sure if I should run or just step to the side. It was too late. I felt the fangs of the snake sink into my ankle.

I let out a cry of pain. My headset picks up my voice. Alarming Raiden.

"Argh! get off get off..!" I kicked my leg. As the snake hissed at me angrily, it dove into the bushes. I stood there limp on one leg. Seeing blood trickled down into my clothes. The bur of a snake bite was something I never felt. It stung way more than being bitten by a rabbit.

Raiden: ""____! what's wrong speak to me."

"Snake.. tch..." I replied annoyed. I kneeled down on my good leg. Looking down at my leg.

Raiden." I'm coming, damn..! I could hear his voice cut off.