⚡As I Stare Danger In The Eyes ⚡Part 2

Raiden glanced back at me calling his name. I pointed a shaky finger at the red in the back.

"Fire..! damn. Someone is shooting at us." He looked at the pilot asking more questions." I don't think we can outrun them, sir, we might have to bail."

"What's below us?" Raiden didn't like the sound of this, he felt bad for having me put in this bad situation. He felt like he failed to get her back safely with no issues. Yet danger follows us wherever we go.

"Currently water is below us, it would be a big swim still to land and then walk a while."

"Tch, great.." Sighed Raiden. The copter began to shake again as the enemy shot us.
"Cyborgs they are enemy cyborgs and their troops shooting." The pilot was finally able to find a lead.

"Shit we need to go now!" Raiden got up to his feet, leaning forward as he walked in my direction. "Get up, I'm sorry to have to
do this. We need to jump." I did not want to feel the water, I was scared, sure this time he was here. Swallowing I unlocked my seatbelt and took Raiden's outstretched hand.
"I can't allow us to get separated, I swear if we do though I will find you, and get you home."

"Good luck sir and miss. I will follow after you two jump." The man saluted us. Raiden opened the door, and the strong wind blasted my face. It was still daylight but. I felt dizzy looking down.

"I'm here." 

Raiden took the first step off, and with the weight of his heavy body dropping down I  was dragged down with him. I felt my stomach drop, I looked up slightly seeing a couple of enemy helicopters and smaller planes. This was the only choice we had. I just wanted to go home and relax.

I see Raiden's body hit the water first, then I followed with a loud splash.

The water wasn't freezing

It was mild. 

I was sinking for a bit when I felt my arm get tugged up to the surface.

I wasn't drowning, I was just feeling a bit lost. I began to cough from the water. I might have had some splash into my nose.

"Good you are alright."

Suddenly there was a loud crash. Our heads shoot up and see our ride crash into the water far ahead of us in flames. "Don't you sink from water?" I looked at Raiden surprised.

"Nah, of course not. I can still swim." He sees me a bit nervously tread the water. "Here, let me help. It's the least I can do. You saved me when my arm was cut off and called for help while I was out cold."

I accepted Raiden's help, he pulled me closer to him and told me to hold onto his shoulders as he swam." I could see a bit of red flickering in his eyes. "Thanks..."

"It's no trouble, but I need to tell you...do not be afraid but...." His voice was changing, it was getting deeper. "There are some things I need to take care of as soon as we reach land. He was angry at the people who dared to shoot us down. "I'm not afraid of you..., do what you need too."

"Thanks.., I promise to get you home. We got a long way to go still." With that he begins to swim, I held on eagerly waiting to get out of the water.

( 20 Min later)

"Finally, almost there." Raiden's voice was so deep, and dark now. He was in ripper mode already. I did not fear him, because I knew he wouldn't hurt me. "Hey, you okay back there?" He asked me.

"Yes.., just a bit cold.."

"..I see, almost there just hold on a little longer." He began to speed up his pace. He was a really strong swimmer.

"Touch downnn...hehe." Laughed in that deep voice of his. I know he liked to play games sometimes, but I also could tell it was his way of telling me he's still him, and here to help. Even if he's boiling with anger from the bad people. Raiden emerged from the water with me on his back. His hair was all drenched and flat to his face. It kinda looked funny, but soon enough it would dry and have that nice fluff back.

I held onto his shoulders shivering from being in the water for so long.

'S-she's cold..., I need to hurry. Then I can take care of them..' His silvery eyes flashed red again. Full speed ahead Raiden bolted in the direction of his home. I wasn't sure where we were, but he must have known something.

*Bring Bring❗*

I could hear the sound of Raiden's headset ring. Someone was calling him. Who was it?