Hidden Nightmares Part 2

I backed away from him. " What's next then?" I stood up straight. I felt a little better now.

"Well.., can you walk well enough?" I averted my eyes. 'Nope.' I was stubborn to admit it. Raiden looked back a little. My eyes also followed. What was he looking at? 'Ooohh.' Then it added up a bit more. The sounds of metal being cut before he got to me. It was him. There was a large blade on his back. To be honest it looked pretty cool, even though it was dangerous.

"If you want, I could carry  you." He rotated his sheath to his side. My eyes watched thinking it was so cool. ' ..hmm back or..hands...' What would be less embarrassing? Well if he couldn't see my face up above it would be better.

"Um..I guess I'll climb on ur back." I said in a shy voice. He nods at me kneeling a bit down, his back facing towards me. " Alright then..this way I can run faster if they follow us."

'F-faster!?'

I placed my hands onto his machine shoulders. He had the form of a man for the most part. The feeling of the metal parts was quite new and strange. ' Okay.., now to now wack my face off his back or head.' I laughed to myself. 

Takings a small leap up. I felt his strong metal hands push my up. Resting at my legs. I was up.

This was a very odd feeling though. When his spine moved, I could feel the metal shift. I was a pretty quiet sound though, nothing to cringe at. To be honest, It was the coolest thing ever. I felt secure enough and only had to lightly hold onto his neck.

"You good then.?" He questioned. " Yes.., for the most part." 

"Right, don't worry I won't drop you." 

'That's..not what I'm worried about really.' Images of being chased by mad cyborgs chilled my body.

He stood up. My eyes widen. I was pretty high up. Looked cool up here. " Here we go." He took his first step with me on his back. 

It wasn't that bad, the way he walked was much smoother than I thought. 

-30 min later

I was starting to get a bit comfortable, the feeling of not having to stand was nice. As Raiden worked on walking a bit faster to get us to the landing port sooner, I watched his silver longer hair sway in the wind.

I kinda wanted to touch it. For a Cyborg, he had a nice head of hair. Tap.. tap his feet sounded on the grass.

"You've been quiet for a while now, everything alright up there?"

I nod my head." I'm fine, I was just looking around. You have nice hair." 

" Oh, well thanks. Sorry it has probably a bunch of crap and dirt stuck in it." He spoke, surprised that I commented on his silver locks.

I reached out a hand a felt it gently. I wasn't sure if he could feel that. He said nothing though.

'..soft.., actually kinda nice.' I smiled a bit. For a man that used to be fully human, it was pretty nice.

What I didn't know was that Raiden could tell I felt his hair a bit. ' glad she seems a bit calmer now. She was still very tense when we first started walking.' He thought. ' Sunny and Wolf, will be just what ___ needs. To recover.' 

Raiden's eyes suddenly flashed to the side of them. 'Tch damn. They're on to us.' With his amazing sight, he could spot them from very far away. I could feel him start speeding up, taking better steps. I stayed quiet though. Something seemed wrong, it's like something is worrying him. He's putting more speed in his feet.

"Hey. uh ___?" He suddenly questioned. "yes.?"

" Would you mind if I ran a bit faster? It will be much different. I don't get many passengers. I promise not to drop you though."

My eyes widen a bit. I knew it something was following us. " They are close by ..huh."

I felt his arm tighten around me. " Yes.., it's still decently safe though." 

" Okay.. I just want to stay alive."

A smirk just planted onto his face, he nods. "That's all I needed to hear." 

I suddenly felt a strong jolt. The wind picked up really fast around us. "Wah!" I gasped.

Tick ticktick tick His feet were moving extremely fast. Like lightning. I looked down only a second to notice, blue lines of what seemed almost like lightning spark around his legs. I gripped my hands tighter on him. I pretty much hand to wrap my arms around his neck at this point. I was worried I might slip and go flying.

Raiden bolted, extremely fast down the country fields. He went quiet, as he focused on speeding up what seemed like more. With ease, he flew across the ground at an extremely fast pace. It didn't take me long to enjoy this feeling of almost flying.

Raiden whipped his head to the side, he frowned at the sight of them. "Tch..they are getting closer damn. I'm picking up more speed he warned." Not giving me a choice to reply. 

'Come on I promised Sunny I'll bring her a friend. To help her around Solis. I need to run  faster!' He told himself.

Suddenly there was a flash of light coming right at us.

"No! Duck!!" Raiden shouts at me. 

This was bad a large missile was coming right at us. I was the problem that Raiden couldn't fight the way he usually does. This was more than a mission to him he really wanted to help.

'EEp!'

I shrank down. Trying to hide my face in his back.

-To be continued