I am Lightning, Protecting The Weak In The Storm Part 4

I didn't know how long it's been, the hours blended into the day. The lights were always on, it made it difficult to sleep, not that I had the mindset to even rest. If I let my guard down, they might move me sooner to the surgery.

I leaned my head against the wall. 'This sucks...oh my god....' I was also so bored. They passed in some water not too long ago. I was kinda scared to drink it, but after sniffing and staring at it. I guess it looked safe. Thankfully it seemed to be. I could only see out of my one eye. 

In the distance, I could hear shouting. I just rolled my eye, thinking it was the dum guards playing games. Suddenly the lights cut out. Leaving me in pitch-black darkness. It's been a while since I felt my stomach sink soo far to the floor. I couldn't see two steps ahead of me. This was creepy. I curled up in the corner of the glass room. My heartbeat sounded louder. There was more shouting in the distance. I could hear the sounds of things falling over. No screaming in pain, very odd.

This was my chance to sleep with lights off, but it was hard when I could hear sounds. Suddenly I could hear the sounds of something falling, it dropped with a loud crash in the dark. *CRASH!* Causing me almost to have a heart attack. I tried to force myself to glare through the darkness, but I had no hope. Something began walking closer and closer to my glass room.

It made my skin crawl. * thump...thump* It walked. Suddenly it stopped, but it was close. I wondered if it could see me. I could see a faint blue light glowing in the dark, it was really small.

Suddenly I heard it. "..hhey...hhey.." A low voice whispered. Causing me to almost jump out of my skin. "Y-yes.." I whispered to the voice. I could still see that blue glow. "_____?" 

'Huh?!' I gasped to myself. That was my name. Could it see me?? I slowly nod my head. Testing it.

"It's me." The low voice spoke. "Ra-." "Sh. I'll cut you out." The voice cut me off. I backed up as far as I could. *SHINK!* The sound of cracking glass flew into my ears. It walked into what was left of my glass box. "You...alright..?" Tears starting to drip down my face. I knew that voice, it couldn't be, but it had to be. I couldn't see it but. Very carefully I slowly slid my hand out. Only to come in contact with cold hard metal. It wrapped around my hand slowly. It was a hand. "It's y-you." I sniffed quietly. It was Raiden. "Y-yeh...sorry I took so long." I could hear him set his sword down to the side. I felt a gentle tug on my hand. My body came in contact with Raiden's large machine chest. He pulled me close into a hug. "I'm..so sorry..." I whispered. He hushed me." It's alright, come on let's get out of here." He patted my head carefully. I still couldn't see anything, he with night vision could though. Raiden stood up, still holding my hand, his other held his blade. He led me through the darkness. Along the way he told me, he found Sunny, and was taken back with some help. She was a bit bruised up, but not too bad. There it was, some sunlight. As we head to the opening in the side of the wall. I could tell this place was carved up. It was something Raiden would do. 

 I could finally see. Raiden's face shield opened up and clicked back to the side of his head. He looked down at me. "Are you in pain..?" Then his eye widened. Half my face was covered in dried blood. "Oh god no.." He quickly kneeled down, his face holding some serious concern. "Your eye, it's." He was too scared to touch it. "Glass...did it I think." I trailed off. "Ha..,I know someone who can help you. I have a car nearby that I can drive you in." I only nod my head.

"Come here." Raiden sighed pulling me into a tight hug. He kneeled down in front of me. While he held me close to him. He called someone, probably help.

A voice poped up in front of him on a  blue screen. "Doktor, I need your help. Please." It was as if Raiden was pleading for help. "Ah, I see. Yes, I can help, but fill me in what's wrong?" I had my back faced to the man on the screen I saw nothing. At this point I could Raiden just wanted me to relax and not worry. "Something is wrong with her eye, I can't see it because there is blood all over it. I assume you can help her out." 

"I understand now, Kevin told me someone kidnapped Sunny and someone else important to you. Not a problem I'll be ready when you get here. I'll clear up some space for the lovely lady." Spoke Doktor.

"Great, thank you, Dok. Raiden out."

"Come on let's get you back." Raiden spoke to me gently as if I was gonna break like glass. He lifted me up in bridal style to give a time to rest. I quietly cried into his metal armour. "I promise I won't let them take you away from me, like that again. "I want to learn how to defend myself, please.." I whispered. His eye widened at this, but nods. " Sure, I bet there is a thing or two I can teach you. If it helps those tears stop."

I was glad that I might finally have the chance to be a bit stronger. I wondered what it would be like if I was to train with him. 

~Time skip

"There we go, my car." Said Raiden while setting me down on my feet. "Pretty.." I tried to lighten up a bit. Raiden just grinned a bit at my words. It was an all-black shiny car. * Click* "Here you can sit here." He held the passenger door open to me. I walked overtaking my seat, sitting down into extremely soft seats. ' OH my goodness, these seats are soo soft.' I told myself.

It was amazing, after being in the hellish dark for hours. He got in beside me on the driver's side. "Isn't it hard to drive? " I questioned. "Nah, not really. I got use to it. This car was a bit changed to suit me." I saw him flick on a switch, to my surprise the seat began to warm up below me. "I thought you might be a bit cold." I felt my face heat up a bit, it was nice of him. My eyes widen for a moment. "Hm? what is it looks like yous a ghost there." I pointed towards his neck. That silver chain that hung out it. I swore that was the one I bought him. "H-how..? I thought."

"I was lucky enough to find it on my way out. Thank you, it's perfect." 

"Well careful when running at that lightning speed of yours. Don't want it to get caught on some random side of a building. Mr. Lightning Bolt." I teased.

 Raiden nearly choked at my words. "You w-what?! Where did you hear that?!" His eyes gazed at me frantically, and then back on the road. If his face could blush, he would totally be blushing. "Haha." I laughed lightly. Making Raiden's brow furrow. "Ah, translation??" His sharp eyes were wide hoping for a reply.

"Oh Sunny told me that. Saying something about people calling you that." I giggled. "Eeww.. uh man. Every time I hear it I feel like I'm gonna gag." He hung his head sighing in slight embarrassment. "Here I thought I escaped that, eww." He made a funny disgusted face. "Where I was, um you..killed those cyborgs, or men didn't you." Raiden paused for a moment at my question. "It's fine I understand, that's kinda...your job. They did treat me bad too." Raiden glanced at me as I looked out the window. "What did they do to you?" He asked.

"They were examining me, they..were talking about making me a cyborg." Raiden gripped the wheel in disgust. "I would never want anyone to go through what I have. Makes me sick thinking they wanted to turn you too." He almost hissed. The air went a bit cold in the car. "I told myself if it was my fate someday to be a cyborg id accept it, but not today or a long time."

"I'll have Doktor see that eye of yours. He's the man that helps with my look y' know." 

"Cool!, Ah I mean ahah. It looks good on you, or*cough* You look very cool." I stumbled on my words. "Haha well, thanks for that." He chuckled at my embarrassed self. "On that note, lemme see this!" I beamed at his high-frequency blade, pulling it out from the back in its sheath.

"Careful! geese! that it's extremely sharp and dangerous." Raiden tried to protest. "Pfft dangerous to a dummy maybe, yet you carry it around all the time, and you turned out fine." His metal jaw dropped at my outburst. "AH yeah because I can't exactly cut myself with it as easy. SEE?!." Raiden held his clawed hand up to my face. I swatted it away. "Yeye sure lightning man." I pretty much hugged the sheathed blade to my face. Raiden's jaw pretty much fell off his face at this point in pure shock.

 "Aww lost a screw there Raiden?" I teased. He picked up his jaw, his sharp blue eyes still bleeding in my direction wide. "Eyes on the road Raiden!!" He huffed at me. " Aww, relax I only wanna look at the pretty blade." At that Raiden gave up protesting he knew it was no use. Not like I could do any real damage with it. "You really think it's pretty???" He blinked.

"Yes! it's a work of art." His ears liked the sounds of that. "Haha yes, it sure is." 

-To Be Continued