CHAPTER 3. Secret Fandom

Luckily for me, by the time Dune and I had gotten home, River was out on nightshift. Which he had been on since I started living with him, so he could spend more time with me or something.

Then the next morning, when I saw Dune greeting River when he came home, I rushed off to school. After suffering through a few classes I was now trying to relax in the library.

Key word, trying. Faith and her friends were sitting behind me, talking loudly. I had personally never talked to Faith or any of the popular kids, they were all in super fancy advanced classes I had only ever walked by.

So, as they were giggling loudly, I knew they weren't aware I could hear them.

How was I so sure?

They were talking about me! Which wouldn't be too surprising, all the other losers trash talked me- but they weren't saying bad things about me!

In fact, it was quite the opposite. "Man, she's so cool, with that whole, 'talk to me and die' vibe going on." One of the girls sighed.

I wrinkled my nose and stared at my book. "Faith, did you get the courage to talk to her yet?" The table erupted into giggled at the purposed question.

"No," Faith whimpered and sighed. "She's so intimidating," I snorted but quickly turned it into a cough.

"Well someone should, half the boys in our grade have a crush on her," one groaned.

I turned my head and looked at them in shock, before quickly looking back at my book, cheeks flushed.

"Oh my god, she actually looked at me-"

"No, she looked at me!"

Okay, how come I didn't know I had a fandom? I wondered and blinked. I get bullied, but the cool kids think I'm super amazing and untouchable - this is kind of messed up. I thought and stood, closing my book.

I held my book loosely and walked over to their table, leaning on it. The girls gasped and Faith quickly sat up straight, blushing crimson.

"Hey, Faith,"

Her light pink lips parted. "Y-you know my name?" I nearly snorted again. Everyone knows your name.

"Yeah," I tilted my head to the side and tried to act extra mysterious. "Thanks for last night, we should do that again some time,"

Her hands slapped over her mouth and I turned, starting to walk away. "W-wait!" Faith called, and I turned raising an eyebrow.

"Yes?"

Faith stood and grabbed my hand, placing a paper in it. "This is my number," she smiled. "I'd, I'd like us to be friends!"

I held the paper between my fingers and looked at it before smiling at her. One of the girls on the table fell of their chair as I nodded.

"Sure, I'll see you around then," I walked towards the door and hurried out, eyes wide. I walked to my locker and opened it, stuffing my book and Faith's number inside.

"Raven," I turned and faced the principal. He smiled and stood an appropriate distance from me. "How is school going today?"

I stared at him blankly for a moment. "Oh yes, we're in school, aren't we? School is fine," I told him and sent a curious student the stink eye.

"I got a call, from-"

"Nosey bastard! He should mind his own business!" I growled and the principal stared at me.

"I'm not sure who you think called," he began slowly, and motioned someone over. "This is our new student, he requested that you show him around."

I blinked at the werewolf smiling brightly at me. "Oh, I thought... River called you," I said slowly. The principal shook his head.

"No, this is Shade, Shade, as you know, this is Raven." He introduced. "Any questions?"

I shook my head and he clapped his hands. "Alright, I'll be off then, be good!" He walked off and I looked at Shade.

"Was River the one from the restaurant?" Shade asked and leaned on my locker. I scoffed at his question and started walking, forcing him to keep pace with me.

"That, is none of your business," I told him firmly. Shade shrugged and placed his arms behind his back. I looked at him sideways.

He had a boy next door kind of feel. Jeans and a band t-shirt. Big brown eyes and bed head. "I don't have anything against their kind, I had never seen one in person. So when I saw a human girl, I got curious." Shade told me.

I shrugged and he glanced at me. "I don't blame you, I'd be curious too, now, do you really need a tour?"

He looked embarrassed. "Yeah, I have no idea where anything is, I've been wandering around for the past thirty minutes," he admitted.

I laughed and a few students turned and looked at us in shock. "Alright, follow me,"

***

   "I'm a bitch, I'm a boss, I'm a bitch, I'm a boss and I-" I sang, but Lion punched the volume, clicking it off while cracking the thick plastic. I sent him a glare. "You could have told me you didn't like that song,"

He scoffed and looked out the window as he drove. I copied him and watched the moving trees, bad mood forming. I tapped my fingers on my thighs, wishing the ride would go faster.

  "Anything... you want to tell me?" I paused and turned looking at Lion.

"Uhhhh, nooo?" I dragged out the  words, confused.

Lion looked at me, and I looked at him. "You took down a guy with a gun!" He said and seemed like he was in a rare good mood. "I taught you how to fight, and remember a certain someone saying they would never use the moves I showed you."

I raised my hands. "Yeah well, nothing I do works when I get into fights with you guys-"

Lion snorted. "Of course not," his voice was condescending. "We're vampires, you wouldn't be able to take down any supernatural."

I crossed my arms. "You never know! I- I have tricks and stuff,"

Lion pulled into the driveway and glanced at me. "You can't even do homework,"

I gasped. "How dare you!"

Lion laughed at me and parked. "Well, I'm not wrong, am I?"

I grumbled under my breath and unbuckled, getting out his his stupid shiny car. I walked into the house, Lion moving behind me.

I kicked off my boots and sighed as River crossed his arms, seeming to have been waiting for me to come home.

"What? Did you wait there eight hours?" I asked dryly.

River narrowed his eyes. "The attitude is not necessarily,"

I rolled my eyes and moved to walk past him. "You're not my dad, nothing happened, you don't need to throw a fit over everything,"

River's hand landed on my shoulder sharply, making me freeze. "I've had enough of you,"

I rolled my eyes and tried to shove his hand off. "You and everyone else- let go,"

"I think we need to have a talk," River told me sternly.

"I don't need a lecture -"

River's hand tightened and I went stiff. "Raven, enough,"

I looked down and felt my face twist up in annoyance. Great, perfect.