CHAPTER 32. A True Friend

I about dozed off before I heard someone coming down the stairs. I opened my eyes and gazed at the blue eyed vampire I was still quite upset with.

"It smells like sex in here," he looked at the four of us on the couch and glanced at the closet which Fallon and Cross had left an hour ago.

  "There's a reason for that," I said sarcastically and wiggled out of the vampire cuddle fest, much to Fin's dismay.

I snatched up my ripped shirt as River gazed at me, clad in jeans and a sorts bra. "Can I invite a friend over?" I asked, fingering the ruined shirt.

River narrowed his eyes and regarded me calmly. "Will you be dressed when they arrive?"

I placed a hand on my hip, feeling magic running through my veins. "Maybe, I'm sure Faith would like the view, what do you think?"

River sighed and looked away from me. "Do what you want, I can't stop you anyway," he said shortly and sat on the opposite side of the couch from where I had been previously.

I scowled at River. "I used magic at school," His blue eyes went wide and I quickly went on, pleased to get him startled. "It was on the one who pushed me off a cliff, no one saw, and she too stupid to understand. Nicholas helped me afterwards,"

Then we kissed, I thought and smiled to myself proudly.

"You need to learn to control yourself," River told me and sighed, rubbing a hand down his face. "I'll call your brother, I'm sure he can teach you want you need to know."

I clapped my hands and laughed. "Wow, permission to see my own brother, I feel so special, hey, maybe this wouldn't have happened if you had been honest with me in the first place!" I said with fake cheerfulness.

Dune groaned. "Please, not now," he muttered, eyes closed, still covered by the blanket.

"Raven, I'm not in the mood, if you still want that friend over I suggest you stop talking to me like that." River told me sharply.

I turned and rolled my eyes running up the stairs and grabbing my phone. I dialed Faith's number and leaned on the wall, quite comfy with no shirt.

"Hello?" Faith called and I could hear the smile in her voice.

"Hey Faith, wanna hang out? Oh, you could spend the night too," I offered.

A squeal left her mouth. "Yeah, sure, I'll be over in a few!"

I smiled as she hung up and glanced out the window, touching my hair. I squinted at myself in the mirror on the wall and tilted my head to the side. It's time to change the hair color, I decided and walked out of my room.

I walked into Fallon's room and looked at the small vampire boy. He blushed and shifted his eyes away when he noticed my lack of shirt. "Hey baby," I jumped into the bed with him and played with his hair.

Fallon looked like an angel with my sudden dragon perspective. There was a white light around his skin if I focused on it, and there almost seemed to be a halo over his head.

"R-Raven," he mumbled, cheeks rosy. "Do, do you... mind... you know... I kissed... he..." He broke off and looked at his hands.

"No, I don't mind," I giggled and cupped his face, looking into his eyes. I brushed his curly hair from his face and slowly touched my lips to his bloody bottom one.

Fallon melted into me and clenched his hands in his lap, eyes falling closed as he kissed me back soft and slow.

I pulled back and kissed the top of his head, gazing at my small vampire with affection. A smile came to his babyish face and he slowly opened his eyes. "Raven...." He said my name happily and reached up slowly, touching my cheek with shaking fingers.

I leaned into his touch and we gazed at each other. He hesitated and looked away, a blush seeming permanent on his pale skin.

"Fallon, your so sweet," I told him and nuzzled my nose into his. He seemed flustered, shifting on the mattress.

"C-Cross said the same thing," he stuttered over the vampires name, and that was the first time I heard him say anyone's else's name but my own.

I giggled. "I think Cross was talking about something else, what I mean is you're lovely, nice, kind, and thoughtful." I told him and kissed the tip of his nose.

The vampire looked away from me and covered his face. I laughed and pulled him into a hug, knocking him over and rolling across the bed.

"Adorable," I praised and sat up, pulling his head into my lap. Fallon looked up at me.

"You're more sweet and adorable," he whispered and I giggled.

"To you, but not to my other vampires," I told him and Fallon suddenly looked serious.

"Am I yours? Do I belong to you? Like I belonged to the others who hurt me?"

My heart shattered in my chest and I bent down pressing my face into his hair. "No, not like that, like how... like..."

Fallon smiled. "Like how love, not pain?"

I nodded and ran my fingers over his cheek as I pulled my head up. "Yes, but love hurts sometimes,"

Fallon hesitated before something clicked. "Like you and River, that hurts,"

I nodded and looked away. "Yeah, that hurts," I whispered. Fallon touched my cheek and I looked into his eyes.

"But... not forever?"

I nodded and kissed his mouth briefly. "Yes, not forever," I agreed, and prayed that would be true. "Why don't you get some rest, my friend is coming over, and I should go see if she's here,"

Fallon nodded. "Okay," he agreed and watched me walk out of his room. As I closed the door and looked down the hall Faith was standing there, staring at me with wide eyes.

"Hey!" I pulled her into a hug and she touched my bare back with her hands, eyes wide.

"H-hey, you don't have a shirt," she said and pulled back before smiling. "Your house is awesome by the way, although, your family is scary." Her lips rose. "And naked on the couch,"

I giggled and grabbed her hand, pulling her towards my room. "Come on, but be warned, my room is super fucking pink because River thought it would make me a girly girl or some shit."

Faith walked into my room and laughed. "Yes, it's quite pink," she agreed and hesitantly sat on my bed, gazing at me as I brushed my hair.

"I was thinking of dying my hair, would you help me?" I asked hopefully and turned to look at her.

Faith nodded, cheeks rosy as she stood. "Sure, I'll help, what do you want me to do?"

I grinned and gestured to my bathroom. "I was thinking red or purple, what do you think?" Faith gazed at me and studied me.

I stared at her as she looked at me intensely and shifted my eyes away, unsure as to why.

"Red," Faith told me, and I grabbed the package from under the sink. Faith took it from my hands and opened the box. She prepared the mix and motioned with her finger for me to turn.

I obeyed as she touched my hair thoughtfully. Her warm hand touched my shoulder as I felt the wetness touched my hair.

I closed my eyes as she took her time, swiping a finger across my neck to wipe off the dye that spilled.

I inhaled and opened my eyes when she pulled back, every inch of my hair coated. "Thanks," I said breathlessly and smiled.

She nodded and have me a thumbs up. "No problem, you have to wait a good while before you can rinse it out of your hair though."

I nodded and looked away, gazing at the ground and smiling. "Guess we'll have to find something to do while we wait,"

We gazed at each other and then both looked away. My cheeks grew hot and I slowly glanced at her again.

"H-how about some music?"

Faith nodded and smiled slightly. "Sounds good,"