CHAPTER 55. Say Goodbye First

100k Baby!! ❤

To celebrate, we get Raven's past trauma! 😅😱😭

   I stared at the tv blankly, watching the random characters argue over who's car was fancier. I stilled, hearing the jingle of keys.

"Raven?" Dune asked, glancing from his phone to my face when I suddenly tensed. I jumped to my feet and walked into the kitchen.

"Where are you going?" I asked, eyes wide as Nicholas pulled on his shoes, slowly looking up.

"Home, I was going to get a chance of clothes and a shower." He explained and frowned at my pale face.

"You were just going to leave without saying goodbye?" Nicholas walked over and lifted me up calmly, setting me on the counter. "You, you don't have to go, we have clothes here, showers too," I insisted softly, fingers twisting into the fabric of his shirt.

"Raven, I'll be quick," Nicholas soothed, but I shook my head.

"You were going to go without saying goodbye?" I repeated, hands tightening, eyes wide. Nicholas met my eyes with concern.

"You can come with me, if you're that worried," Nicholas offered. I shook my head and wrapped my legs around his waist.

"No," I pressed my face into his shirt. "What if they leave without saying goodbye too?" Nicholas went stiff, shocked by my words.

"What's this about all the sudden?" He asked, stroking my hair gently. I pulled him closer, wishing he had a beating heart, so I could hear it against my ear.

"Don't leave," I whispered, and the vampire sighed, lifting me up and carrying me into the living room, falling back into the couch.

"Okay, you win," Nicholas sighed and shared a concerned look with Dune, who stood. I stiffened and looked at him.

"Where are you going?" The desperate words left my mouth, heart racing suddenly painful in my chest.

Dune stroked a thumb over my cheek. "To talk to River, I'll be right back,"

"Say goodbye first," I insisted, grabbing his hand and holding it tightly.

Dune looked pained. "Goodbye, Raven, I'll be back in just a minute,"

"Promise?" I pleaded, holding his hand captive, afraid to let go for even a moment. He swallowed.

"Promise," he agreed and I slowly let my fingers slip from his. I watched him walk up the wide and large staircase, calming a little. I placed my cheek against Nicholas's chest and closed my eyes, a soft sigh leaving me.

"Raven, why do we need to say goodbye? We aren't going anywhere," Nicholas murmured, pressing his face against my hair. I pulled myself closer to him, feeling a shiver run through me.

"Missy didn't get to say goodbye, and she left," I whispered and tightened my hands on his back. Nicholas stiffened slightly and made a pained sound in his throat.

"Oh Raven," his voice cracked slightly, reminded of the loss of his mother, who had been one to me. Dune walked back down the stairs and I reached a hand out.

Dune accepted my hand and sat beside Nicholas and I, letting me curl my smaller hand in his big one. River came down, and I turned my head, gazing at him.

He offered his arms to me, and I turned in Nicholas's lap, reaching up and allowing him to lift me up into his arms, my legs going around his hips. "Raven, you know we would never leave you?" He asked as my hands touched his hair.

I stiffened and buried my face in his neck. "Don't, don't leave, ever, don't leave me ever," I told him, voice broken.

River placed his hand on the back of my head, rubbing his thumb into my hair. "Never,"