CHAPTER 40. A dragon's hearts

Thanks for the comments everyone!
Love you! ❤

Raven: Love you more! Join the harem! ❤❤

The door opened and the necromancer released me, causing me to fall to my knees and clutch at my chest sobbing.

Even my tears seemed to glow on the dirty floor and I barely even heard Kayla's exclaimed words.

"They're here, I don't know how they found out-"

The necromancer laughed and I lifted my head glaring at his back with all the hate that filled my heart.

"Let them come, I'll kill them," he said easily and I slowly looked at the door, where Faith stood, staring at me in horror. She gazed at the necromancer before boldly walking into the room and moving towards me.

She knelt down beside me and placed her soft hands on my back and side. "Raven, are you -"

"Fine, fine, fine," I whispered and closed my eyes, feeling as if my heart would explode in my chest with the sudden forced build up of my power.

Kayla glanced at me and I felt her gaze, looking at her with shining eyes. My eyes held so much disdain and blood lust, she flinched and stepped back nervously.

"Faith," I whispered and choked coughing before pushing her away from me. "Step away from me, please,"

Faith looked shocked and slightly hurt before she nodded firmly, standing and backing away against the wall.

I placed the back of my hand over my eyes as they ached, body shaking uncontrollably. I stumbled to my feet and my breathing was loud in the room.

I closed my eyes and felt a dull ringing in my ears, getting lost in my head for a long moment, dull shouting bringing me back to reality.

My vampires, all of them, even NIcholas. I found a smile forming on my dry and bloody lips. Thank you... but, I need to do this myself,

"Take a step and I'll kill the human girl," the necromancer said in a bored tone. Every one froze and glanced at Faith, who's eyes went wide.

River and Cyprus hesitated and the necromancer smiled. "Don't believe me? Watch," he gestured a hand towards Kayla, who gasped, eyes budging before she fell to her knees and slumped to the side, eyes wide and glassy as she died instantly.

"If any of you move..." My soft voice drew everyone's attention. "You won't have anyone to save, I promise you that,"

Cross and Lion looked utterly horrified at my words and Dune swallowed thickly.

The necromancer pointed at my brother, mocking laugh leaving his mouth. "How does it feel? All your life efforts, run to the ground. Perhaps I will add your heart to my collection as well,"

I took a shaky step forward and held in the bubbling volcano inside me.

"What are you even getting from this?" Faith demanded. "You wanted power? Well guess what, you lost as much as you gained, considering how pathetic your sanity is."

The necromancer sighed. "You're all incredibly boring, I could wipe you all out with a wave of my hand," he placed a hand over his eyes and shook his head. "I don't understand what Raven sees in any of you,"

Cross glanced at me briefly. "Neither do I, but she chose us, not you,"

The necromancer shook with rage at his words and I took another painful step, shaking hand reaching out. The shadows moved for me, and I looked at them sadly.

"Silence! I, I am the only one who-" he paused as I touched his back. "Raven, what are-" he lurched forward as my hand went straight through his skin and bone.

"Taking what doesn't belong to you," I whispered and pulled back, falling backwards, his pulsing heart in my hand.

Blood ran down my arms and he turned, looking at me in shock and horror.

I smiled, eyes wide and looking nearly as insane as his as I tilted my head to the side."This is the price of a dragons heart, how does it feel to be without it?"

Blood splurted from his lips and he fell to his knees. I squeezed and crushed his heart in my hand, blood flying around me. He turned to dust and vanished into nothing.

I dropped the remains of his crushed heart and wiped my hand on my pants staring coldly at the dust that were his corpse. I spat on it and lifted my bloody middle finger. "Rot in hell you disgusting bastard, burn for eternity for your sins,"

My vampires stared in shock before finally, after a long moment, my brother inclined his head towards me. "May all the souls he's taken, finally rest in peace,"

I nodded and looked at the blood on my hands, feeling suddenly nauseous. "I- I killed him," I shook my head back and forth.

"Don't feel guilty-" I looked at my brother with wide eyes.

"I don't, not an ounce of horror, doesn't that make me some sort of-" I broke off and froze as Faith suddenly pulled me into a deep comforting hug.

I sagged into her and felt the rage of my magic ease to nothingness. Fallon joined the hug next, and I turned into a mess of snotty crying.

Cross pulled me to his chest and I touched his cheeks with bloody fingers, cupped his face and kissing him briefly before I was passed around to everyone else.

I paused as I got to River and the blue eyed vampire stroked my hair from my face looking crushed by guilt. "You silly vampire," I whispered and traced his mouth. "There is nothing to forgive," I murmured and he buried his face into my hair.

River pulled back and stroked face this his thumbs, studying my face. "Raven, you... I should have never doubted a word that came from you."

I smiled and shrugged. "Yeah well, I can be pretty crazy," I turned and jumped up. Nicholas reached out shocked, and caught me.

I gripped his hair and looked at his face. "Nicholas," I nuzzled my nose into his and glanced at my vampires and Faith, standing together and watching me.

River waved me on. "Go ahead, have as many harem members as you want, who am I to stand in your way?"

I grinned and Nicholas looked as though he would actually cry. "Don't cry for me," I whispered and winked. "Cry for yourself, you're going to have to deal with me all the fucking time now, whether you like it or not."

Nicholas smiled slightly. "I think I can deal with that -" he paused as I kissed his lips briefly before wiggling for him to put me down.

He set me on my feet and I closed my eyes smiling. I paused and looked at the corpse, seeing those four shadows. "Be gone," I said a dark hushed voice before turning and grabbing Fallon's hand.

"Take me home," I giggled. "Well, to the house that is, I'm already home now,"

Faith grabbed my other hand and laughed freely, eyes bright as she gazed at me with adoration. "Only you, Raven, you amaze me,"

I nodded and looked away. "I..."

"Come on," River drew my attention. "A hot bath and some sleep will do you good, then we can all talk."

I nodded and smiled weakly. "Okay,"