CHAPTER 21. Fun Outdoors

Vote and comment! ❤

  It turned out, that no one could figure out where Fallon had come from, but wherever it was, he hadn't been treated well.

The police thought after he became a vampire, he was probably abused by whoever had turned him.

So, we got to have him stay at the house! River hadn't thought it was a good idea, but the doctor insisted Fallon should stay with the people he felt comfortable with, until he opened up more.

And as time went on, I found Fallon was like the missing piece to my puzzle.

River was my safe place and role model,

Dune was always there for me when no one else understood, and had a habit of taking me out for food,

Fin was the one to lighten the mood, and more calm, which made him relaxing,

Cross and Lion, well, they were crazy, and I loved to get into trouble with them,

Fallon, he was almost always silent, but he wanted to hold my hand, and I liked going on walks with him. He was almost human, and we had a silent connection, that made me think that's what it would be like to have a twin.

Kayla had been at the house for the past week, and I felt like she was the last thing keeping me from having the relationship I wanted with the vampires.

Every time we got close, I felt like she was there, getting between us, and usually taking me into a different room to play a game or watch a movie.

I will give it to her though, she had the idea to host a party for the police offers, to thank them for their help. She was still planning out the final details though.

  "Fallon, why is your hair so soft? It's not fair," I complained as I brushed it as he sat on the edge of my bed.

He smiled a little, which I saw in the mirror across from us on the wall, but he didn't comment. I rubbed my fingers through his hair and put the brush down. "Fallon, do you like it here?" Our eyes met in the mirror, and he nodded a little, cheeks turning a light pink.

I grinned and hopped off the bed, happy it was the weekend, so I could spend the whole day doing what I wanted. Don't get me wrong, I liked school now, seeing my friends was great.

I just didn't want to miss a single second with Fallon, in case he had to leave. There was a knock on my door before it opened and Cross leaned on the door frame.

"How's the pet doing?" He asked, making Fallon frown and look at the ground.

I huffed in annoyance. Almost everyone got along with Fallon now, the exception being Cross, and Lion every once and a while.

I think Cross is jelly of Fallon's hair, but don't quote me on that. "Did you come in here, just to be mean to Fallon?" I asked with a frown.

Cross shrugged and glanced at the boy before slowly meeting my eyes. "Maybe, maybe not, or perhaps, I wanted to spend time with the little thing."

My eyebrows shot up and Fallon tensed. "Well, you're welcome to join us, just don't be a jerk."

Cross faked a gasp and touched his chest. "Me? Why would I ever? I'm an angel," I scoffed and turned to grab my phone off the dresser, checking my messages.

Cross made himself comfortable on my bed, much to Fallon's dismay. I watched the two interact, intrigued.

Fallon tried to move away, which seemed to annoy Cross, who got even closer, eyes daring the smaller vampire to try something.