CHAPTER 35. Whipped Cream

"So, what does blood taste like? Is it like in the Mortal Instruments, and it tastes like chicken?" Faith asked Dune curiously, and he smiled.

"I think it's different for everyone, and greatly depends on where the blood came from. I think you'd really only understand if you were a vampire." He told her smoothly.

Fallon inched his chair away from Cross's, making the vampire growl in annoyance. "I sucked your dick, stop moving away like some scared kitten,"

I smirked and gazed at them in amusement as Fin choked on his drink. Fallon blushed furiously and attempted to glare at the larger vampire.

Cross scoffed in annoyance and turned to look at me. "Raven, do you have school tomorrow? Otherwise-"

"Yes, I do," I interrupted and pushed my food around my plate before glancing at River. "Unless, I don't?"

The blue eyed vampire sighed. "You can go, just don't look like a glow stick,"

I grinned and glanced at Faith, who was now having a conversation with Lion, who gazed at the human girl with a raised eyebrow. I fiddled with my hair and glanced at River, feeling his intense gaze.

"Yes?" I asked, and he shook his head, looking away and sighing.

"Nothing, Raven, just eat your dinner," he told me as I scowled. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and furrowed my brows, seeing a missed call from Kayla.

Which, of course, I ignored. Cause I'm a bitch, and didn't want potential drama. So, I sent her a nice text.

Sorry Kayla, busy sucking Fin's dick, ttyl, I sent the message and grinned, putting my phone away. Let the witch read that and be horrified for a while.

I snickered to myself, imagining her reaction and jumped as my phone started ringing. I lifted it up and raised an eyebrow seeing Kayla's name.

"Girl, I just told you I was sucking dick," I said aloud and watched it ring.

"But you're not," Dune pointed out and Cross smirked.

"Princess, I can help you fix that," Cross told me, scooting his chair back. I dropped to my knees and River cleared his throat as my fingers touched Cross's zipper.

"Raven, just answer your damn phone," he told me sternly.

I sighed and clicked the answer button, walking over to Dune and holding my phone by his mouth, eyes communicating silently.

Dune moaned loudly into the phone, and Faith giggled in amusement. "Damn it, best blow job I've ever had," Lion shouted as Dune moaned again.

I pressed the phone to my ear. "Sorry Kayla, we're having another orgy, can you call back?" I told her with the best bedroom voice I could muster.

Kayla must have been utterly speechless, because she didn't respond. "Bye then, River just got naked, and Cross got out nutella, I need to join in." I lied and hung up.

Cross looked at Lion. "Do we have nutella?"

Lion slowly glanced at me with heated eyes and smirked. "Yeah, we do, we have chocolate syrup too,"

Faith leaned on the table. "How about whipped cream and sprinkles?"

The devious pair seemed startled at first at the blond adding in before Cross licked his lip and responded in a low voice. "Well damn, I sure hope we do, after dinner, I say we get some rope,"

Faith glanced at me and blushed. "They tie you to the bed?"

I flushed and nodded. "Uhm, yes? Well, they've talked about it,"

Faith looked at Cross with bright eyes. "Awesome, I'm not into guys, but I'm down with tag teaming on Raven with you,"

"Is this a conversation we're seriously having at the table?" Dune asked as River covered his eyes and shook his head.

"Yes, it is, Faith, I'm interested in your thoughts," Lion said, and Faith tucked her hair behind her ear and giggled.

I shook my head to clear it and prayed my period would end asap. I looked at Fallon and reached across the table, grabbing his small hand. He blushed and smiled at me slightly.

He seemed a little lost, not adding to conversation and looking anxious. I leaned over and kissed his lips gently.

Fallon lowered his gaze and smiled at the ground. I took one last bite of food before standing and carrying my plate to the sink.

"Don't stay up too late then," River reminded me and smiled warmly at Faith, who smiled back and gave him a thumbs up.

"Yes yes, I understand," I told him and touched my collar bone thoughtfully. "I'm totally down for the whipped cream, nutella, chocolate syrup, and sprinkles thing when I'm done with my period." I promised.

Faith giggled and grabbed my hand. "Come on, you can help me with my homework,"

Cross snorted. "Raven can't do homework to save her life,"

"You're so supportive," Faith sassed sarcastically and placed a hand on her hip. I grinned and placed my head on Faith's shoulder, closing my eyes.

"They bully me," I insisted. Faith shot the vampires that could kill her before she could even blink a glare.

"How horrible, come on, I'll just do your homework then,"

Dune laughed and gazed at the two of us. "I love the female mind,"

***

  I rested comfortably in the dark room, head resting on Faith's shoulder/chest with drooping eyes. "Faith, your parents are going to be cool with us dating right?" I asked then yawned softly.

Faith nodded. "Yeah, they know I'm gay and stuff, I got lucky and have supportive parents."

I smiled with closed eyes. "That's cool, I'm happy,"

Faith stroked my hair. "Raven, you don't have to answer, but... why are you living with vampires of all people? Why not humans?"

My heart clenched. "I- my parents were killed, and the woman I lived with next knew the vampires really well. Nicholas was supposed to get me actually, but he was busy."

Faith's hand was soft on my hair. "You... The woman looking over you too?" Her voice was filled with sadness for me.

I nodded a little. "Yeah... Missy, she just... died one day. I think the one who killed my parents killed her too. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to talk about it, but I think that person wants to kill me too."

Faith's hand froze. "Why would you think that?"

I shrugged. "The way every one talks, I know someone out there wants something from me, and the vampires are trying to keep me from it."

Faith held me tighter. "Well.... I hope you're wrong," she whispered.

I swallowed and opened my eyes, looking at the black ceiling. "Me too, but I almost know for sure I'm right, River won't let me know any thing though."

Faith touched my arm. "When did you figure out you were a dragon?"

I smiled. "Recently, when I met my brother, he's a pure Dragon and I'm only a hybrid. When I met him I changed, and now I can do all sorts of things." I told her.

Faith paused. "What if River won't tell you, because if you know something, something similar will happen?"

I frowned. "That's... I hadn't thought of that before," I said honestly and sighed. "River has said if he didn't protect me I'd already be dead, so I certainly hope if that's true, I don't find out."

"You're still going to dig into it, aren't you?" Her voice was dry.

I smiled. "Yeah, I am," I admitted and sat up as she laid on my pillows. I kissed her lips gently and her hand instantly touched my cheek. "Goodnight, Faith,"

"Goodnight, Raven,"