CHAPTER 93. Half Dead To Smirking Vampire

It was surprisingly silent as Aaron drove, I was actually kind of tired after the long day, and all the excitement of the party.

It was dark, moon shining over head as he pulled up the driveway. I looked out into the shadowy yard as he parked. I unbuckled and paused, looking at Aaron as his hand circled around my wrist.

Black eyes. Lycos.

He gave me a smile, tugging me into his lap, and I allowed it. I shifted, placing my hands on his shoulders slowly, unsure as to what he was going to do.

My breath caught as his lips touched my neck, slowly mapping my skin with kisses and nips that once more reminded me he didn't intend to be gentle.

He was still shirtless, the heat of his body seeping into the thin material of my tank top. I slid my hands along his back as Lycos leaned forward, taking my mouth as his own.

I made a noise that was lost in his kiss, pressing closer to him, hips snug against his, letting me feel his desire for me.

His fingers found their way to the loops of my shorts, and- and he pulled back. I paused and looked out the car window, having heard what he did.

The trash can was knocked over. Lycos opened the car door and set me in his seat. "Stay," he told me firmly.

I raised an eyebrow as he shifted into his wolf and disappeared. Nuhuh, nope, I was going to do what I should have done any other time something odd happened.

I was going to ignore it, leave it to Lycos, and go inside the warm house. Hey, maybe I'd take a bath before bed.

I walked up to the front door and paused, seeing blood. Blood on the door doorbell. I reached up and touched it with my thumb, smelling it before bringing it to my lips and tasting it.

I nearly gagged, spitting into a bush. Vampire blood, it was drastically different from human. Why is there a vampire on our land? And why are they hurt?

I turned from the front door and hurried towards where I saw Lycos go. I shrieked as I saw Lycos about to bite off the unconscious vampires head.

"Lycos! No!" I yelled and snapped my fingers. "Put that down! God knows where that vampire's head has been,"

Lycos didn't look happy about it, but dropped the vampire on the ground, growling. "Shift," I said and walked over to the male vampire.

Lycos growled at me and I raised my eyebrows. "Oh I know you did not just growl at me- fucking shift,"

Lycos obeyed, shifting back into his human form as I looked over the vampire, seeing deep scratches in his side. "Did you do that?" I asked dryly.

"No, I didn't, I was just going to bite off his head and be done with it." Lycos told me darkly.

The vampire had black hair and sharp features. It definitely looked like he got hurt before he got here, considering the blood on the door bell. "He must know the vampires and came for help," I said and looked at Lycos. "Will you help me carry him inside? He needs-"

"No," Lycos crossed his arms and huffed, looking away from me. "The only thing I'm doing is killing him,"

"Lycos! He's hurt, stop pouting and help me," I asked and scowled when he refused to look at me. "Fine, be a baby," I hissed and Lycos growled in his throat. "Let me talk to Aaron, he's more reasonable-"

"No," Lycos turned his back completely. "I'm not doing anything,"

"Oh my god," I groaned and stood. "I'll just use magic then," I focused on the vampire and made him float, not wanting to carry him- he was far too big.