CHAPTER 101. I Make The Rules

Turns out after I told them about what Clair did, I had no reason to be nervous at all. In fact, they kept asking to make sure I was okay.

They stressed to stay away from Clair, and I happily told them I wanted nothing to do with her. Then, we had a game night, which I was sure was meant to distract me, but I happily enjoyed every minute of it.

Aaaand now, here in the present, lids drooping as I tried to stay awake. "Can we stop now?" I asked with a yawn, flipping the page to yet another book I had snagged from library.

"No, finish this one at least," Lucifer told me, seeing the book through my eyes. He wanted to do as much reading as he could to figure out... stuff, to get his body back or whatever.

I was so tired I just saw scrambled letter like alphabet soup. "Say, Lucifer, demons keep showing up, is it because you awoke from your 'ancient slumber' or something?"

"Yes and no, they sense me, so come where you are, but that's not why they're in this world in the first place." The demon paused for a moment. "There must be some idiotic creature who is summoning or creating portals to bring the demons here, but they will not be able to control them. Only those like me can,"

I tilted my head to the side. "What if it's mother demon?" My question was met with silence, and I closed the book. "I need to tell them about you,"

"Oh? I figured you would have already, why did you wait? You told your little lovers about Clair."

"First of all," I leaned down and tossed the book in the floor. "Don't call them little, and second," I flicked off the light of my lamp and turned to fluff up the pillows. "You're different than Clair, you're in my head for goodness sake! I can't just get rid of you like I can her,"

I laid down, almost feeling his growing grin. "You're right, I'm not like her, if they knew I was in your mind I'm certain they wouldn't be doing... various things," his voice was filled with sly pride.

I felt my cheeks flush as I shifted in the covers.
"W-well, I wasn't thinking about the pervert in my mind!"

"I'm hardly the pervert," he sounded oddly teasing, and I covered my eyes with my hands.

"Are you saying I'm the pervert?" He hummed at my words and I looked out the window as I shifted under the blanket. "Well... maybe I am," I sniffed and stuck up my nose. "What are you going to do about it?"

"What do you think?"

I decided to ignore him, gazing out the window, a sigh leaving my lips. "Say... why do you think she kissed me? She said she doesn't believe in love of any of that stuff,"

"People will always want what they cannot have, it is human nature, and supernatural or not, some part of them is human, after all, they all have human bodies." There was something in his voice that caught my attention as I propped myself up on my elbow.

"You sound passionate," I said slowly, hearing a bird outside my window before it flew away, a shadow flittering across the floor and wall.

"Maybe, certain races tend to be proud, even in your young life, I've seen your mind, you've seen things unimaginable by most, and yet, you are simply a hybrid. Some will look down on you for that alone despite the endless well your tantalizing magic. Humans, vamps, shape shifters, they all try to force dominance, that is why I hate them."

My lips slowly parted. "Yes... there is evil in everyone, but that doesn't mean there isn't better things to look at, you don't always have to focus on their faults," I argued and lifted my hand up towards the ceiling. "You're a demon who tried to destroy the world for crying out loud - who are you to judge humanity?"