CHAPTER 80. Sinful Temptation

Readers then: omg, Daddy Aaron! 😍
Readers now: Evil Aaron, hey, 😏😩

Clair's pov

  My hand touched my hip as I walked down the hall, eyes flickering around. They seemed nervous. Raven had disappeared half an hour ago, which was fine.

I'd have to find her soon though, I promised Cyprus I'd take care of her, but that was before we got sucked into this world.

Now that meant something completely different. I scowled as the hybrids face flashed in my mind. I didn't understand that girl, not at all.

With her group of nine lovers- nine? I couldn't imagine having one, much less imagine even caring for nine.

Friends were okay, but they passed on quickly. I stopped believing in 'love' when I was young, as all the people who claimed to love me disappeared.

I knew of Raven's past, she lost her loved ones, but it seemed she took a different approach on life. All of her lovers just left, and they claim to live her? That girl could do better, if she found a normal person willing to put up with her.

My frown grew and I stopped walking abruptly as I recalled one our conversations.

"Do you even love them?" I leaned on the wall and watched her gaze after them.

"What do you mean?" Her green eyes flashed as she grew defensive. I shrugged and twirled a bracelet on my wrist.

"There are so many of them- did you pick them off the streets?" I watched Raven flinch and tremble in anger.

"I did not! I rescued Fallon, and he's like a younger brother and lover, and Nicholas was in my life to save me from something, and I fell for him." She snapped and glared at me. "I lived with the others, and Faith goes to my school."

"Huh," I said dryly and raised an eyebrow. "So if you saw someone, and fell for them-"

"I'm not," she said coldly.

I paused and pushed myself off the wall. "Not what, love?"

"I'm not falling for anyone else, I don't intend too." She turned and walked away from me, leaving me staring after, confused as fuck.

I ran my tongue over my teeth and glanced at my nails. Something was most definitely up, and I was going to get to the bottom of it.

My eyes landed on Kayla, she looked anxious, looking around before ducking into a closed door. I followed, touching the knife sheath on my waist.

I walked in after her and shut the door, causing her to jump and turn. "O-oh! You scared me!" Kayla turned and touched her chest.

I smiled a sweet, fake smile. "Have you seen the little brat?"

Kayla blinked and laughed nervously. "N-no-" she gasped as I whipped out my knife, the tip touching her throat.

"Where is she? I won't ask twice," I said lowly, eyes threatening. Kayla gulped.

"I-in the dungeon, you don't understand, we need-"

"I don't care dear," I said kindly and smiled. "The world could use one last back stabber," I slit her throat and her eyes budged out in shock, lips opening wordlessly as her hands touched her throat.

I turned to the door, opening it, stepping out as I heard her crumble to the ground. Damn, you have to be watched twenty four seven, Raven Light.

My boots were loud as I walked down the hall. Some of her first words echoing in my mind, "Are you sure you don't want to steal my heart? I have powerful magic - I'm pretty tempting,"