CHAPTER 57. Love Through Fire

I've had a lot of discussion recently about some of the vampires who aren't as developed, or even, "thrown away by Raven," as one person put it.

I'm going to give some reasons why characters like Dune, aren't shown or developed as much.

1. I've had more time for Raven bonding with the vampires she didn't get along with, such as Cross and River, because she already had a 'good' relationship with the others. So the others seem less important, but it's just that they were on better terms with Raven.

2. It was my choice, but their are a lot of characters, and I spent a long like on Nicholas, because he's my stern caring vampire. And I've been trying my best to work more with the less shown vampires, like Fin, so give me a break.

3. This is wattpad, not some fancy publishing agency, I can be sloppy and not perfect. If you're that bothered, write a better book than me, I fucking dare you.

ANYWAYS! Love you guys, I'm not trying to attack anyone, I appreciate some of you trying to help me, I really do. At a certain point it's hurtful though, remember that!

With that, here's a long chapter!!

  Ten years ago, six months after Raven moved in with the five vampires.

Dune's pov (flashback of sorts,)

  "Stop, just stop," River shouted as Cross tackled Fin down the stairs. I gazed at him, noting the obvious exhaustion.

My gaze drifted to Raven, we didn't know her age, but she looked six and acted sixteen. She was sitting on the floor by the front door, arms crossed and frowning, lips pouted.

She was a brat, a complete utter brat, but I had a soft spot for the girl, or at least a growing one. Raven didn't like to talk to anyone, but I knew she had bad day at school.

She still had her shoes and backpack on, and hasn't moved from her spot. Probably because she was still terrified of Cross and Lion.

She kept wiping her nose on her sleeve, like she had a snotty nose or something, my suspicion was that she had been crying not too long ago.

"Hey, Raven," I walked over slowly and her eyes went wide as I advanced towards her. She looked away with a huff, hair flipping to the side.

"I'm not doing my homework, no, no, no," she shook her head wildly and paused. "I don't like brown," she touched her hair and stumbled to her feet, gesturing me down.

I kneeled beside her on the floor, eyes widening when she lifted her hair and bent her head, showing it to me. "I don't like brown, it's ugly,"

I felt my lips lift into a smile. She was too cute for her own good, when she wasn't trying to act like a bitchy teenager. "I like brown,"

She shook her head and pointed out the window. "Look, those are ravens, and they aren't brown, I want to be black too," she climbed into my lap and touched my cheek with her small hand. "Can you make my hair black?"

She tried her best to give me a cute smile, making her big green eyes go wide. Trying to manipulate me at such a young age...

"I don't know," I gazed at her. "You were born with brown hair,"

Her small arms crossed over her chest. "You weren't born a vampire, were you?"

My brows raised. "How do you know?"

Her lips lifted into a cheeky smile. "Fin told me, in the library, he made me leave though," her smile fell. "I colored in one of his favorite books,"

It was hard not to laugh around Raven, she hadn't been here long, but she did something to me. "I like your brown," I said again, and I did. People said Brown hair was boring, but I disagreed.