CHAPTER 58. Picnic With An Old Friend

Back to main story lol, if you want another chapter like the last one, let me know! ❤

  Aaron left an hour after he arrived, and even if no one said anything, I could tell they were relieved at his absence. "You should head to bed," Dune told me.

I groaned and hid my face in Nicholas's arm, wishing I could just never sleep. I loved sleep, but it also meant at least eight hours away from my vampires and Faith.

Dune reached down and promptly pulled me off the couch and into the air. Faith laughed at my annoyed expression. "It's just bed, why are you so grumpy?"

"Because it's past her bedtime," Cross told her and I shook my head.

"I'm an adult, I don't have, 'bed time' that's for little kids." I disagreed.

"Exactly," Fin told me and my lips parted, stunned at his words. Nicholas stood and I frowned, reaching out. He lifted up his hand and let me grasp of tightly as Dune held me.

"Where are you going?" The words spilled from my lips Nicholas gazed at me as I held his hand against my face.

"I have things I need to clear up, Raven, but you know I'll be back." He said softly and I shook my head and held his hand tighter.

"Nicholas, no," I whispered and he heaved a sigh, meeting my gaze.

"Raven, vampires are nearly indestructible, even if an eighteen wheel truck hits me at ninety miles an hour, I'll be fine." He told me. I bit the inside of my cheek, hesitating.

"Say goodbye first," I said and looked away, letting go of his hand, willing to let him leave. Nicholas ruffled my hair and tilted my chin up, kissing my mouth shortly.

"Goodbye, I'll be back in the morning," I nodded and watched him pat Fallon on the head before heading into the kitchen.

"See you NIcholas," River called and smiled at me, seeming proud for some reason. Dune let out a sound near a chuckle as I yawned.

"Yeah, bed time,"

I scowled. "I'm not tired," I paused and looked at Faith. "Are you sleeping with me?"

Faith glanced at Dune before shaking her head. "No, not tonight, I'll jump in bed with Fallon, he looks cuddly."

I grabbed the wall as Dune was going to walk out of the living room. "Goodnight!" I shouted, closing my eyes.

"Goodnight!" Everyone shouted back, Cross and Lion being true loudest. Dune hiked up the stairs and set me on my feet.

"I'm really not tired at all, I could run around the house sixty times," I insisted. Dune snorted outright.

"You look dead inside, come on," he pulled me into his room and handed me one of his shirts to sleep in. I huffed and pulled off my shirt making Dune spin around. "Right in front of me?"

I rolled my eyes and hopped out of the pants. "You've seen it all before, what's the big deal?" I mumbled and pulled the shirt over my naked body.
Dune sighed and glanced at me as I finished changing, him only in his briefs.

"You're basically naked too," I slapped a hand on his hard chest. "Like a walking model to tempt me, bad Dune,"

His lips lifted. "You need sleep, get in bed,"

I ran my fingers along the lines of his muscles and giggled. "Can't wait to get me in bed huh?" Dune rolled his eyes and grabbed my wrist, gently pulling my fingers away.

I watched as he turned, getting into the right side of the bed, laying down on his side. "Goodnight," Dune said happily and let out an 'oof' as I jumped onto his side, my hands on his shoulder.