CHAPTER 104. Vampire Visitor

"Good good Lavender, sit," I said sternly and watched as the happy puppy did as I said, shaking her head in excitement as I pulled out a treat. I dropped the dog treat and fell back into the couch.

I was at Aaron's, and he was having a meeting with Cael. So I had been waiting for a good hour and a half to two hours for them to finish up.

I paused and looked at the ring on my ring finger, cheeks turning rosy. It was silver, with flower engravings and three diamonds.

It was also the last thing I was expecting to receive from everyone. It was the surprise they went to get me when Aaron drove me home.

Lavender jumped up, placing her paws in my lap, small tail wagging as she looked at me with big brown eyes. I laughed and rubbed her head, which she quickly turned to lick my hand.

"Raven," Cael suddenly stood in the doorway and looked at me coldly. I titled my head and frowned. The icky black was gone from his aura. "Aaron wants you in his office,"

I frowned and stood, concerned with his wording. It was asking, or telling me they were done with the meeting. Instead it was more like a summoning.

My throat bobbed as I gulped and walked past Cael, suddenly realizing River or Nicholas probably told Aaron about Lucifer. I knocked timidly on the office door before slowly peeking in.

"Raven, sit," Aaron motioned to a chair as he leaned on his desk with crossed arms. I swallowed and obeyed, heart beating loudly in my chest.

"R-right, the thing is-" I stopped and sighed, looking to the side. Aaron won't like it much if I just make excuses but... excuses are part of the explanation sometimes. "I know I should have said something sooner,"

Aaron cocked an eyebrow. "Huh, how much sooner?"

Holy shit, he's mad. I gulped again. "As soon as I heard his voice?"

Aaron looked thoughtful and picked up a pen from his desk, twirling it in his hand. "That does sound right? Doesn't it? So, the real question is, why didn't you?"

My lips parted and I pressed my hands together in my lap, meeting his eyes. "I don't know honestly... the past few days have been a blur, when I heard his voice, I also saw things, and I was very distracted."

Aaron laughed shortly, a dry laugh. "Huh, imagine you distracted? Then there is the matter of Clair- and don't misunderstand me, I don't blame you, it's not your fault," Aaron put the pen and placed a hand on the bridge of his nose. "What a mess,"

It folded my fingers together and forced a smile, about to speak when Aaron beat me to it. "So, what are his intentions exactly?"

"In...tentions?" I repeated slowly, looking at Aaron's face. "I'm not sure,"

Aaron nodded and turned, going behind his desk and sitting in his chair, folding his hands on the wood in front of him. "I'm sure the others are used to this," he gazed at me seriously. "But I'm not,"

I winced and avoided his gaze as he looked at me, my eyes never so interested in my lap. "Imagine for a moment, there was a beautiful woman in my mind, and I told you weeks after, would you be okay with that?"

My head snapped up and I mutely shook my head, feeling sick to my stomach. I couldn't speak, tongue heavy in my mouth. Aaron took a breath. "I'm not trying to shame you, or make you guilty, and I don't want you thinking this is going to affect our relationship badly in the future, I just want you to understand, okay?"

I nodded, but still couldn't find it in me to speak a single word. Aaron leaned back in his chair, and I could feel his gaze. "Can I at least speak to him?"