CHAPTER 42. Make Her Smile

River's pov

  "I don't understand, what's wrong with her?" Fin asked Cyprus softly, as the dragon tried to explain again, seeming irritated.

I watched them all interact with Raven's brother before gazing out the window, listening. "It's all about the magic, her eyes glowed when she felt strong emotion, realising her magic,"

Lion sighed. "And now her eyes have nearly no color, so what? What does that mean?" His voice rose and the Dragon scoffed.

"We still don't know what all he did to her," the Dragon paused. "But he did what I like to call magic rape, he forced it all up and out of her, like of like a drug with your happiness. She just needs time to regain what she lost, it doesn't seem to be a terrible case."

"And if it is?" Fin persisted, a small tremor going through his voice.

"It's not," Cyprus said firmly. "Just be gentle with her, make her laugh, try to make her smile," the Dragon stood. "And most of all don't force it and be patient, you can't make her recover by force."

"Where are you going?" Lion asked as Cyprus gathered his things.

"Raven doesn't know me, I won't be anything but a hindrance to you. I'll wait until she recovers, then, teach her the ways of my kind. Besides, that little werewolf just sent me a nude picture and claims it to be an accident."

Fin choked while Lion raised an eyebrow. "What do you intend to do?"

I looked at the dragon as he smiled. "Make sure the next time isn't an accident, I'll be back shortly. Treat my sister well or face my anger."

Lion nodded. "Sure, have... fun,"

Cross made his way down the stairs, and Lion glanced at him. "Anything?"

Cross shook his head. "No, but Fallon and Dune are in there, has Nicholas come yet?"

Fin shook his head. "No, he's finishing up with the police and dealing with how Faith was involved, he should be here soon though."

Cross nodded and glanced at me, I looked at him questionably. "River, why haven't you gone up yet? It's been three days since she's been like this, don't you think-"

"Enough," I said rigidly and looked to the left.

Cross scoffed. "She might be in a odd state of mind right now, but she knows you're avoiding her, and it's hurting her."

I shook my head. "She won't even look at you without you shouting to draw her attention, I doubt she's noticed."

Lion glared at me. "Raven has always been closer to you, always run to you first, you two have a bond, why the fuck aren't you trying to get through to her?"

I stood, eyes flashing. "It's my fault this happened in the first place, I have no desire to-"

"If you caused it, you fucking fix it," Cross hissed and looked at me with red eyes. "Don't be so arrogant to take the blame, we all knew that psychopath was after her. If you feel fucking guilty, then go fucking see her,"

I fell back into the chair and rubbed my sleepless eyes. "How on earth did my little Raven kill someone?"

The three of them paused. "Do you see her differently for it?" Fin asked under his breath and I shook my head, slowly gazing at my hand.

"No, but do you remember when she first came here? Do you remember how we treated her? How she treated us?"

Cross swallowed. "Exactly, you always at least tried with her, not too long ago I mocked the death of the person her raised her before us, so you," he crossed his arms. "Should be up there, not me, but instead you're down here like a coward."