CHAPTER 87. Not An Ounce Of Respect

Aaron knocked on the door and I glanced over my shoulder, tightening the belt around my hips. "Come in," I called and zipped up my bag.

The door opened and I turned around to face Aaron, incredibly excited to go out. Aaron walked over and touched the sheath on my waist. "What's this?"

"Clair gave it to me," I said and nodded when he put his hand on the hilt, looking at me for permission. Aaron drew the short sword and ran his eyes over the blade curiously.

"What do you intend to do with this?" Aaron asked, giving it an experimental swing.

"I'm not quite sure, attack things that attack me?" I felt my cheeks grow hot as he raised an eyebrow.

"Hmm," he hummed and ran a thumb against the blade, testing the sharpness. "Clair must be more fond of you than she lets on," Aaron handed me back the sword, hilt first. "These are worth a fortune,"

I grabbed the hilt and held the sword, looking at it in surprise. "Is it because of the aura?" I asked and met his eyes.

Aaron looked perplexed for a moment. "It's an angelic blade, those aren't made anymore."

I faltered. "How come you know about swords? I didn't think werewolves thought about those things." Aaron looked amused by my words.

"I used to make them when I was your age," he told me and I froze.

"Aaron, how old are you?" I questioned slowly.

Aaron looked at me steadily. "Twenty four,"

My lips parted. "Six years older than me!" Aaron nodded and laughed.

"Raven, considering your group, I'd dare say you like older men,"

I choked and put the sword back into the sheath. "Perhaps," I touched my red cheeks. "When are we leaving? I want to see the body,"

Aaron looked at the clock on the wall. "You never cease to amuse Raven, and I want to introduce you to more of my pack, and some time soon, announce you as my mate publicly. Normally, I should have by now but... things haven't gone as smoothly as any of us thought."

I nodded, nervous butterflies filling my stomach. "Okay, I'll do it,"

Aaron reached over and stroked a hand down my face. "Thank you,"

I nodded and touched his chest with my palms. "Kiss me?" He smiled and bent down, happily giving into my request. His lips brushed over mine and I pulled him down, closer, parting my lips.

His hand slipped to my lower back, other cupping the back of my head, tongue sliding over my bottom lip.

But then he pulled back and turned his back on me. "Come along, Koshka, we're being waited on," I nodded at his back, slightly disappointed.

"Okay..." I trailed behind him, looking at his hand in longing. Aaron stopped half way down the hall and turned, kissing the top of my head.

"Wait here for a minute?" He asked and glanced at a door.

Wait? I nodded and he turned, walking into the door and closing it behind him. I heard voices greet him in excitement.

I turned my back to the wall and slid down the wall, beside the door. I laid my cheek on my knee and hugged my arms around my knees.

My one of my biggest character flaws had always been needing everything to be about me, so as I sat on the ground I had to remind myself to not pout and just wait.

That didn't mean I couldn't listen to what was being said though. "Where's your mate?" A male voice asked and I heard Aaron sigh.

"Waiting outside,"