CHAPTER 54. Don't Leave Me

"What's he like?" Fin asked curiously as we all sat in the living room, me comfortably leaning on Nicholas's chest, happy in his lap.

"Math," I said curtly, and I swear half of them snorted.

"That bad huh?" Dune mused, recalling the time he did my homework for me. Lion seemed delighted at my assessment of the werewolf, a grin forming on his lips.

"Uh'hu," I nodded and let my head roll to the side, Nicholas looking down briefly to kiss the top of my head. "He's rude, and says you all smell,"

Dune rolled his eyes. "Better smell like a vampire than a dirty sweaty dog," Fin nodded solemnly in agreement as River sighed and rubbed his eyes briefly.

"We're going going to have to meet him," River said suddenly, making me gaze at the others with wide eyes. They looked annoyed, but in agreement.

I shook my head without thinking, a protest on the tip of my tongue. "That- that's a horrible idea!" I exclaimed with wide eyes.

"We're going to have to at some point, unless he doesn't want you?" Lion asked lowly.

An odd pang went through my heart. "He... he didn't say he didn't want me," I said softly and looked down at my hands resting on my thighs.

"It would probably be best, if you weren't there while we met him," Nicholas said softly, making me tense up.

"Why?!" I demanded and looked up. Nicholas gazed at me.

"Because you'll make the whole situation more tense, and I'd much rather not test a wolf." He told me calmly. I bit the inside of my cheek and looked away. I knew he was right, but I didn't have to be happy about it.

"Maybe we should wait until he gets his pack under control," I said and froze as everyone stared at me.

"Gets his pack back princess?" Cross asked with narrowed eyes, making me gulp and remember none of them knew Aaron was the Alpha of Shade's pack.

My heart skipped a beat and I nodded, feeling suddenly cold. "Y-yeah... his... pack," I mumbled and twisted my hands together.

"Exactly what have you been up to behind our backs?" Lion asked with narrowed angry eyes. A shiver ran down my spine and I looked at my hands.

"Y-you didn't want to help Shade... so I got involved myself." I raised my head and looked at them defiantly. "I called the Alpha of his pack, and he happened to be my mate, I met him face to face at Cyprus's house, which wouldn't have happened if you had just helped me."

Fin shook his head shortly. "Raven, there was no way-"

"Exactly!" I exclaimed and shook my head. "It's important to me, so I was going to help, with or without you." I said stubbornly and felt my heart race painfully in my chest. I had always hated things like this, confrontation and fighting.

"How come it always has to be about-" Cross stopped himself and looked away, fist over his lips, restraining the words he wanted to yell.

River sighed heavily and seemed to be trying to wrap his head around the situation. "We shouldn't have to go behind backs, it's not healthy," the blue eyed vampire said slowly.

I scoffed. "You lied to me in the first place, you didn't call Cyprus," I watched in surprise as River stood and began walking out of the room. "R-River?" An odd amount of fear shot through me and I tried to stand, but NIcholas held me back.

"Let him go for a bit, Raven," Nicholas said softly. "This is a lot to process for all of us, it's not just person you love joining us, it's some strange wolf."

"And he's supposed to be your soulmate, what does that make us?" Dune asked, and the pain in his voice made tears suddenly fill my eyes.

I always mess everything up, this happens every time. I knew it, they're going to hate me, I trembled a little and reached up, touching my hair anxiously. "I... don't care who he is," I whispered and swallowed the growing lump in my throat. "You're the ones I've wanted, not him,"

They said nothing to this, causing me to bite the inside of my cheek. I grabbed Nicholas's hands and pulled them off my waist weakly, but of course with the pathetic amount of force I was using nothing happened. "Off," I said and struggled to get off his lap.

"Why?" Nicholas asked, but slowly removed his fingers. I climbed off the couch and shook my head.

"I can't be in this room anymore," I kept shaking my head and stepped back a little.

"Running away isn't going to fix anything," Fin muttered, eyes downcast. I turned my head away.

"Then what will?" My words were met with silence, making me pull my hands into fists, nails digging into my palms. "What will?" I repeated.

"Killing the wolf comes to mind," Cross muttered then winced and gazed at me. I said nothing, staring at them all. Running away from the mess wouldn't solve anything, Fin was right, but it was sure hella tempting.

"Let's take five," Dune suggested, and in the blink of an eye everyone but he and Fallon disappeared from sight.

"You've been quiet," I whispered and Fallon let out a small shrug.

"I don't have anything to say, it won't change the facts," the gray eyed vampire told me. I bit my tongue and turned, walking into the kitchen.

"Where are you going?" Dune asked under his breath behind me.

"A walk," I said shortly, hand touching the doorknob, expecting him to stop me.

"Let me come with you," Dune offered instead of forbidding me outright. I nodded and walked outside, lifting my head to gaze at the dark sky.

I jumped down the steps and walked down the same path Kayla had taken me on, when I was kidnapped by slave traders. I ran my fingers along the trees, feeling tears silently falling down my cheeks.

Dune didn't say anything, only followed me at a distance. I sat down in the grass, beside a trickling stream and stared. I picked up a rock, letting out an angry cry of frustration, throwing it as hard as I could in the woods.

A crack echoed in the trees as it smacked into a pile of larger stone, falling into the stream. I picked up another rock, holding it tightly in my hand, the sharp edges digging into my palm.

I listened to the sound of Dune walking closer, and he sat beside me, silently pulling me to him. "I love you all," I whispered, voice cracking. "A werewolf would never change that,"

"We know that," Dune murmured and took my hand in his, taking the rock from me gently. "We've just never felt an intense jealousy like this before,"

I leaned my head back on his chest. "If you all asked me to, I would reject -"

"No," Dune's shoulders tensed. "We would never ask something like that, we'll meet him tomorrow, and then we'll figure the whole thing out."

I nodded and turned, so I straddling his thighs. "Kiss me?" Say you love me, say you'll never leave me,

Dune ran his hands up my cold neck, into my hair, cupping the back of my head. "Nothing is going to change, it will be like when Fallon first came, now look, we all like and fuck him,"

I nodded and tilted my head up. Dune bent down and kissed my cheek, moving to my lips. I grabbed the back of his shoulders and pulled him closer, kiss desperate.

Dune moved his lips over mine briefly before going to my ear. "Raven, we would never leave you,"

I flinched. "Don't ignore me," I pushed my face into his shoulder, sobbing. "Don't ignore me either,"

Dune held me tightly. "Of course we won't, shit," he pressed a kiss to my hair. "We aren't going to leave, and we aren't going to treat you differently."

"You're lying, everyone already is, I can tell,"

"Raven -"

"Don't meet Aaron tomorrow, please don't, you can't," I begged.

"Okay... we won't, just calm down," Dune agreed and held me tighter, running his hands down my back. "Shit,"