CHAPTER 27. Dragon

I had never expected to be kidnapped, and even more surprising was what I witnessed when I woke up.

There was no one to great me, and I was alone, unharmed, resting on a soft mattress. I rubbed my eyes and slowly sat up and moved my legs to the side of the bed, wiggling my toes curiously.

Everything seemed to be normal. I glanced at the door and stood, carpet gentle on my feet as I eased towards the door.

My hand held the doorknob for a long moment before I slowly turned and jumped back as the door opened. It was unlocked, and now open.

I frowned and peeked my head out, at least expecting there to be some beefy guy standing somewhere to grab me if I tried to run.

There was no one, in fact, I was greeted to open air. I gasped and moved forward, clutching a railing, salty wind blowing through my hair.

Fruit and vines grew on pillars, flowers hung and seemed to dance in the breeze, and I could see the ocean. "This is amazing," I breathed and walked down the tiled hall.

Stone on one side, a railing on the other as I wandered around, not seeing a single person. I glanced through an arch way and froze, spine going stiff.

It was a mountain of a man, who met my gaze, face blank. I thought my vampires at home were big, this man however, easily seemed to double them.

I relaxed after a moment, feeling some sort of peace wash over me. He reached behind him, grabbing a bowl off a table before extending it towards me.

I hesitantly moved forward and grabbed the bowl from him. "W-what is it?" My voice was hushed, and I glanced up at met his glowing green eyes.

"Jello, with whipped cream on top, do you like jello?" His voice was like the rumble of rocks falling.

I nodded and tilted my head to the side. "Who are you? Did you have Mr. Nicholas kidnap me?"

The mystery man stared at me. "Yes, I asked him to bring you here, and my name is Cyprus."

I bent down and put the jello down, much to the man's dismay, and crossed my arms. "Well kindly find someone else to kidnap. I have things to attend to, oh, and," I blinked. "On that note, why did you kidnap me anyway?"

Cyprus touched his fingers to his lips slowly, studying me. "You're my sister, that's why,"

I froze and stared at the beast of a man. "You're my dragon brother?" I asked, pressing my hands together.

Cyprus nodded and I paused and looked over as Nicholas dared come into my presence. "You bastard!" I snapped and glared at him.

Nicholas had the audacity to smile at me. "Raven, how are you, oh dear," he paused as I attempted to hurt him, however my soft punches didn't seem to faze the vampire.

Cyprus raised his fingers and made a motion, causing Nicholas to fly backwards and hit a wall. I gasped and turned to my brother.

"That was awesome!" I jumped and ran a circle around him. "Can I do that too?!"

He nodded and brushed off his sleeve. "Yes, not that River or any other creature could teach you,"

I paused. "River said you were dead,"

My brother snorted, and it almost looked like smoke came from his nostrils. "Dead to him perhaps, but not quite dead," he said and glanced at Nicholas as he walked back over, not amused. "Apologize for kidnapping her, she's not happy," my brother suddenly told him.

Nicholas raised an eyebrow. "You told me to,"

Cyprus shrugged his massive shoulders. "She's not mad at me, she's mad at you, apologize,"

Nicholas glanced at me, and I crossed my arms suddenly feeling tears fill my eyes. "I trusted you," my voice was a mere whisper.

Nicholas flinched. "I'm sorry, Raven-"

"Why kidnap me? I would have gone, I trusted you," I bit my lip. "You're horrible,"

Nicholas closed his eyes and looked away. "There is another reason I kidnapped you,"

I scoffed. "I'd love to hear it,"

Nicholas opened his eyes and glanced at me. "River and many others believe your brother murdered your parent's."

I turned on Cyprus who shook his head. "I didn't kill them, someone else did, and then, I killed them." I frowned and looked at Nicholas as he went on.

"River won't talk to Cyprus, but since you're here, he will I'm sure. I had to kidnap you, otherwise River would have-"

"Enough," Cyprus interrupted and I watched as he bent down and picked up the jello, placing it in my open hands. "Eat," he told me sternly.

I hesitantly took a bite, and the Dragon nodded, pleased. "Oh," I paused and blinked. "Kayla wasn't lying, she said my family wasn't dead. She was trying to help me after all." I realized aloud and winced.

Maybe I was mean to her for no reason, I'll have to smooth things over when I see her next. I decided.

"Are dragons usually this big?" I asked and walked another circle around my brother. He shrugged and looked at a big hand.

"No, I think our great grandfather had some troll," he told me. I nodded and placed the spoon between my lips.

"I wonder how angry River is going to be- oh! We don't have to move!" I walked over to the table and put the empty bowl down and spun around to look at Cyprus. "So, tell me about yourself," I sat on the ground, crossing my legs and placing my hand on my hands, peering up at him.

"I like meat," he said slowly and glanced at Nicholas for help.

"He hates water, and loves anything hot," Nicholas supplied and made a hand motion for Cyprus to speak.

"I hate woman," Cyprus suddenly announced before looking at me. "Except you, of course, you're my favorite person,"

I grinned and looked at the sky. "Are you gay then?"
The dragon shrugged and looked at Nicholas, as if he would know the answer.

My eyes went wide and I leaned forward. Maybe Nicholas did know the answer. "Are you two fucking?!"

I didn't get my answer though, because Kayla interrupted. "Sorry I'm late!" She placed a few bags down and smiled at me nervously. "Hi Raven,"

I jumped to my feet and hugged the witch. "I'm sorry, I always jump to conclusions,"

Kayla hugged me back tightly. "It's fine, I'm used to it by now," she pulled back and pushed my hair out of my face. "I hope you'll believe me when I say I wasn't at the house for River's dick now," she winked, and I giggled.

My heart skipped a beat of excitement. I have a brother, and he's not a murdering psychopath! I clapped my hands. Now just for my vampires to arrive, and we can work this whole thing out!

"Can I explore?" I asked hopefully, and my brother nodded.

"I'll show you around while we wait for River, he's slower than a snail,"

I got to know my brother, he was in his early thirties, and dragons can live for thousands of years. He had been looking for me for a long time, but hadn't been able to find anything until he and Nicholas came into contact and worked together.

My brother had made the entire villa by hand and dragon magic, and gardening was his hobby.

He even let me help him transfer some flowers to different areas, and showed me some of his impressive skills that came with his race.

As amazing as it was to meet my brother and get to know him, nothing could ease the anxiety I had as I waited to be reunited with everyone.

I'm sure Fallon was going to need lots of hugs.

There was small detail I was forgetting though, If Cyprus was indeed innocent and killed our parents killer, who killed Missy?