Chapter 10

Chapter 10

    While Yang Shifeng was cooking, Shíyī saw a pile of prey piled up in the corner, and ran over to take a look, there was a deer, two hares and two pheasants.

    "Yang Shifeng, did you hunt this?"

    "Yes, I'll keep a pheasant for us to eat at home, I'll make braised chicken for you, and I'll take the rest to the town tomorrow to exchange for money, then buy some white noodles and pork, and come back to  Make dumplings to eat."

    Going to town? This has attracted Shíyī attention. She has been in the village these days, but she knows that the town must be more prosperous and lively than the village. If she wants to know more about the world, she has to see more.

    "Yang Shifeng, can you take me to the town tomorrow? I also want to go see it."

    Yang Shifeng nodded after thinking about it. He didn't take her for hunting because it was too dangerous. There is no danger in going to the town, but " Shíyī, our village is in the mountains, far from the town, and the road is not easy to walk. The only family here with a donkey cart does not go to the town every day. We are going to the town. You have to walk on your legs, it will take about two hours to walk, can you walk down?"

    Shíyī was stunned, two hours, that is, almost four hours, the people here have to go to town four hours?

    Shíyī has now understood the backwardness of technology here, and knows that there are no vehicles such as cars, and the best way is a horse-drawn carriage. For example, people in small mountain villages use their legs to travel, but she is a little mentally prepared. She was still taken aback by the four hours, and she couldn't help feeling that the people here can really walk.

    However, you still have to go, how can you not go out because of the long time.

    Seeing that Shíyī insisted on going, Yang Shifeng nodded, "Okay, then we have to get up before the roosters crow tomorrow, so that we can catch the market in time for the town."

    "Okay, you can just call me when the time comes."

    Sure enough, when it was still dark the next day, Shíyī was woken up by Yang Shifeng while still asleep. The two of them washed briefly, ate two steamed buns each, and set off for the town under the faint moonlight.

    Along the way, not only the two of them, but also many villagers like them traveled together, all of whom were going to the town to go to the market.

    Some villagers from the same village knew Yang Shifeng and came up to greet him. Naturally, inquiries about Shíyī were indispensable in the questioning. Yang Shifeng was fooling around with a haha, and then he took Shíyī to go quickly, and try not to meet the villager as much as possible. who knew the seven aunt and the eight aunts go together.

    The trail from the village to the town is indeed very difficult to walk as Yang Shifeng said. It has to climb over three hills, and in some places there are cliffs. Only one person can pass it. If you don’t pay attention, you can fall off the cliff. It was the hardest way for Shiyi to walk, no wonder it took four hours to walk.

    "Do you usually go to town like this?" who knew in the village asked curiously.

    Yang Shifeng was always paying attention to who knew in the village feet, for fear that she would not be able to walk steadily and fall. Hearing that, he replied to who knew in the village words, "Everyone usually walks like this, and few people go by car, because it is too expensive to take a bus. There are five copper coins. If you bring more things, you will have to pay extra. Most people are reluctant to sit. Anyway, everyone is used to walking from childhood to adulthood. In our ten miles and eight villages, seven or eight-year-old children walk by themselves. Let’s go.”