Chapter 17

Chapter 17

    When the village chief's wife heard this, she patted Song Cuilan's arm angrily, "What nonsense! When you get married, who will your father and I expect in the future? Can we expect your elder brother?"

        After having a son like Song Dawei, only a few years later got a young daughter like Song Cuilan. The whole family spoiled Song Dawei. When the couple found out that their son was spoiled, it was too late. The old couple knew that they would not be able to rely on Song Dawei in the future, but the first five daughters in the family were married, and only Song Cuilan was left. little daughter.

    So, the husband and wife discussed it one by one and planned to let Song Cuilan recruit a son-in-law and give half of the property to Song Cuilan. In the future, let Song Cuilan and his husband give their old couple a pension, and continue to take care of Song Dawei by the way. Song Cuilan was favored at home and did not want to marry off, so she agreed. The idea of ​​recruiting a son-in-law.

    Song Cuilan has liked Yang Shifeng since she was a child. After the village chief and his wife found out, they thought that Yang Shifeng’s family was so difficult that he could be their son-in-law. The future will definitely be much better than before, and Yang Shifeng will definitely be willing. The only concern is the old man of the Yang family. They  want to hire a son-in-law, but they don't want to take care of a paralyzed old man. Their daughter can't bear this crime, so when the village chief came to Yang Shifeng to discuss the matter, he asked Yang Shifeng to take the old man Yang to the second uncle Yang, but their family could give the second uncle Yang twenty cents a month.

    The village chief thought that Yang Shifeng would definitely agree, but he did not expect him to refuse, saying that he would not join the family, nor would he send the old man Yang to the second uncle's house, and finally the marriage was over.

    But Song Cuilan never gave up in her heart, but she didn't want to go to Yang Shifeng's house to live a hard life. She wanted to cool Yang Shifeng first, and after a year or two, no one would want to marry him, and then her family would bring up the matter of marriage. He definitely agreed, even if he didn't agree but Grandpa Yang had to be so anxious to get him to agree, so she didn't go to Yang Shifeng again, who knows, just a few days later, he was with a girl beside him, and she saw  that he was very fond of the girl.

    How could this not make Song Cuilan sad and anxious.

    The village chief's wife knew her daughter best, and said, "Okay, even if you want to get married, but think about the hard life in Yang Shifeng's family, do you think you can survive?"

    Song Cuilan cried and couldn't help thinking of Yang Shifeng. The poor family, and the paralyzed grandpa Yang, found that she could not survive, and couldn't help but feel sad.

    Why didn't Brother Shi Feng agree to her family's conditions? Isn't her home better than his?

    And Yang Shifeng, who doesn't know anything, has already brought Shíyī to the field. He spread a tattered clothes under a tree and asked Shíyī to sit and watch in the shade. When Shíyī was arranged,  He went down to the field with a sickle and began to harvest the rice.

    Shíyī held her cheeks in her hands and watched Yang Shifeng bent over and waved with a sickle and a sickle. He cut off a handful of rice ears and put them aside. After cutting a large bundle, he tied it with straw, and then cut it again.

    Yang Shifeng's movements were very quick and neat, and he cut a large piece in a short time, but his clothes were all wet with sweat due to his work, and a drop of sweat dripped down his face, but he just wiped it with a towel casually. Just keep on cutting, without taking a breath.