Chapter 20

The next day, Yang Shifeng got up at dawn, steamed a few steamed buns for Shíyī and Grandpa Yang, carried two in his arms, and went to town in the moonlight. Today, he was going to buy meat and tofu. Come back and make delicious food for Shíyī.

    "Brother Shifeng, are you going to the town?" The village chief's house is the only way to go to the town. When Yang Shifeng was passing by, he was suddenly stopped by Song Cuilan who came out of the house.

    Yang Shifeng frowned and nodded as an answer to her words.

    Song Cuilan laughed, lifted the basket in her hand, and said with a smile, "Brother Shifeng, I'm going to town today too. My family has been working hard to collect rice for the past two days, so I'll go buy some meat and come back to make up for it for everyone."

    Yang Shifeng ordered some meat, "Then I'll go first."

    "Hey, Brother Shifeng, we both have to go to town, why don't we go together, so that we can have company, and the road will not be boring." Song Cuilan stopped again.

    Yang Shifeng refused, "It's not good for us to go together, it's easy for people to misunderstand, so let's go our separate ways."

    Song Cuilan didn't expect Yang Shifeng to refuse so easily. "are you not even willing to walk with me now?"

    "We haven't walked together before, what do you mean by this. " Yang Shifeng frowned even tighter, in order to avoid misunderstanding, he said: "After all, we two are alone, so we should avoid suspicion. Don't say such misleading words in the future, it will be bad for others to hear. I really want to go." Yang Shifeng turned around and left.

    Song Cuilan's breathing stagnated for a while, and a sense of embarrassment emerged spontaneously, as if she had been slapped in the face. Looking at Yang Shifeng's tall back, Song Cuilan's nails sank deep into her flesh.

    Why did he do this to her? Obviously he would play with her when she was a child, and he would carry her home when she had a sprained foot, and he would give her the candy he finally got. Isn't he treating her very well? Why has it changed now? ? Is it because of that woman?

    However, he was hers, she was the one who saw him first.

    Unwilling to lose Yang Shifeng like this, Song Cuilan gritted her teeth and chased after him cheekily.

    "Brother Shifeng, I'm going to be afraid alone. Come with me. If you're afraid of misunderstandings, can I stay away from you?" Song Cuilan followed behind Yang Shifeng, her voice pitiful, as if he would be able to reject her immediately. cry out.

    Yang Shifeng couldn't say that he wouldn't let her follow. This road was owned by the public, and he had no right not to let others go. Therefore, Yang Shifeng, like he didn't see Song Cuilan behind him, walked his own way without any intention of stopping to accommodate the woman's footsteps. Song Cuilan had no choice but to grit her teeth and follow behind, just to catch up with Yang Shifeng.

    "Brother Shifeng, I heard that the Shíyī girl was picked up by you from the mountain. There is no one in her family, and she is the only one left?" Song Cuilan asked.

    However, Yang Shifeng didn't want to talk to her about Shíyī, so he acted as if he didn't hear it, and hurried away silently. 

      Seeing that Song Cuilan ignored her, she bit her lip and finally decided to ask what she wanted to know the most: "Brother Shifeng, do you want to marry that Shíyī girl?"

Outsiders discuss this topic.

    Seeing him speeding up, Song Cuilan followed suit, and continued to say as she walked, "Brother Shifeng, we both grew up together, I was looking forward to your well-being, my father mentioned to you about our marriage before. I just want to give you a hand. Your family is too difficult. Are you willing to live such a poor life with such ability? Brother Shi Feng, if you marry me, half of my family's property will be yours in the future. My father will also help you. If you also want to be the village chief in the future, my father can also help you. Also, your family doesn’t have much land. After you get married with me, the land will increase. Let us plant all the land."